My new sim

alan2

...all started with solar eagles tweek which I had to wind back a bit because the laptop was getting too hot.  Then Mozz posted his cfg info and ....bang

flying at very dense at low fps.  Fps is not the be all and end all ...no the Fibre_frame_rate_fraction does amazing things.  Flying smooth at 13-16 frames.

It is not glass smooth but calling it a stutter would be too strong. Forward vision smooth, side vision ...well lets say a low amplitude constant frequency

vibration.  Very easy to live with at very dense or dense over suburbs, locked 24fps and getting 24fps over country settings.

Then we had that other tweak posted J van E ..light effect.    Result= A new sim for me  as shown with a flight over Lillydale

Posted Image

Gotta agree with you. This week was an amazing week as far as flight simming goes. That HDR tweak just transformed the sim by bringing new life to it. Going to be hard to top that next week.

Guest J van E

Beautiful shot, mate. Would have been nice to see the red "cropped".

Or simply try to time the shot right in between the blinking of the pause message. ;) That's what I always do.

Specs...Dell Inspiron 1720 ,  Intel Core2 duo T9300 @ 2.5GHz,    3.0GB , vista 32  and  the Microsoft Windows Experience Index tells me Im worth a score of 4.6.   

Tell you the truth this is the first tweaking that Ive done.  Basically just copied the figures given by Mozz and J.K. I still have a way to go to fully understand what it is Im doing.

What really has improved with Mozz's tweak is the fact that I havent experienced any jarring stutters. Its like ,at times, things may be a little lumpy- all very flyable and at higher density. He was telling me that Fibre_Frame _Rate _Fraction replaces only the moving textures . I haven't quite got my head around it  yet    but I guess there must be textures that are not moving and hence less work for the vid card ,  therefore good results at lower frame rates

I may be wrong but who cares now  - Im a happy chappy till my upgrade in a years time              seeya later     

Archived