Unspecified error extracting EUWales

jock

I have just installed EU England with no problem.

Now, when I try to extract the EU Wales zip, I keep getting an Unspecified error 0x80004005.

Can someone please explain what's gone wrong.

Jock

order #FSS0353513

Hi Jock,

"Unspecified error 0x80004005" “Access Denied†when extracting. The recommendation is to use a better extraction tool, you might first try this Free Extraction tool - 7Zip http://www.7-zip.org/download.html DL / install the one suitable to your OS.

You can also open your CMD window As Administrator, and Type (C:\ sfc /scannow  ) to run SystemFileChecker to check and repair/fix your file system. The checker will fix any errors or corrupt files automatically or ask for your OS installation disk to be inserted. It takes a reasonable amount of time, so be patient and let it run until it gives you a report, either found and fixed or AOK.  

Also if you go to "Microsoft Answers" http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us and search for ( Unspecified error 0x80004005 )  I'm sure there's an answer in there about your error.

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your reply (I thought nobody wanted to talk to me!).

I've got 7Zip, so I'll try that first, then, if that doesn't work, I'll try the other  tricks. I'll let you

know how I get on.

Cheers,

Jock

Hi Jeff,

I have solved the problem by downloading EUWales again. There were further errors with the original download (e.g. broken file) so I thought the best thing was to get a New (South - and North) Wales !!

I can't get the Patch003 to work because I'm getting the "insert disc 2" or something, so I'll leave that for now.

Many thanks again,

Cheers,

Jock

Archived