FYI Download Blues

Michael Croudson

I have a 25Mbps download service. Tonight the Flight Sim Store has only one download site and it has taken over an hour to download .5 GB of a 3GB file.

Usually you are great in providing a reasonable download service for such large files. I thought you should know your supplier of services is letting you down tonight. 

No response necessary.

Michael Croudson

FSS0278085 amongst about 30 items.

Hi Michael, thanks for your post. We here at FSS are aware of some issues a few customers are having with some of the download links. Over the coming weeks we are implementing a plan to update the links to many of the products in an effort to provide our usual high standard of service across the Orbx range.

Trying to download some new scenery purchased from ORBX opened up the MediaFire page asking me to join and other items to download. I thought I had safely clicked on the spot for the download of my scenery and then a couple of items popped up saying they had now been downloaded and ready to install. I did not order them or want them. They are some addon stuff from MediaFire and not ORBX. I checked my IMD and it said there was an error in the download for my scenery. In all of the purchases I have made from FSS I have never had an experience like this. I am not sure what is going on. Any help will be appreciated.

Lazyeight

FSS0353800

*sighs* we do not USE mediafire, for the umpteenth time we use part of their companies' services to distribute links, it is a whole different ballgame but as I am tired of explaining it, I will reverse engineer the linking so you cannot see the mediafire denominator in the links anymore even though it still uses it :| but I am guessing that when people see a name of a company they might or might not trust panic breaks out and the funniest thing is.. we have been using it for years lol anyway post locked. 

Archived