Buildings in water -- my fix

ojiito

Hi all,

I've been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting, and it might be useful because there seem to be a few other people who have had the problem of buildings in coastal waters.

For me, my first Orbx products were PNW & Iceland demos.  There are two Icelands, for those with FTX Global already installed and for those without.  I didn't have FTX yet so the 'without'

one was what I used.  Then I ended up buying Southern AK, everything cool, no problems, then made the plunge for FTX Global.  That's when I had buildings and trees in the ocean up to a

few miles out, and it was world-wide.  I didn't find an applicable solution on the internet, including on these forums (at least that worked for me), then somehow I remembered about the Iceland

demo.  It was for no FTX, but now I had FTX installed, so I deleted Iceland with the intent to install the other one.  Suddenly my oceanic building problem was gone, and it hasn't been back. 

There may be other things that can cause this problem, but this is what fixed it for me.    I didn't see this suggestion anywhere else, so I'm just puttin it out there, in case it helps...

Obviously if this needs to be moved somewhere else like a support forum, fine with me. 

Archived