jlindblo

My second project while still evaluating and learning about Active Sky Next is this video flight from Hailey, Idaho to West Yellowstone on Dec 27th, 2014.  ASN is not a weather graphics program but a weather injector program and attempts to mold "Real Weather"  as it actually is on that day ... or so I read.  I do not have a weather graphics program yet but REX will probably be the one I get.  

This flight depicts under the clouds, on top of the clouds, and in the clouds.  Nothing dramatic I suppose, but just as you might see them on that day. A winter take off with a rainy and foggy arrival.

;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9msNnGqtYE

Thanks Matthew,

There are a couple of clips where the high cloud appearance was distracting and poking around I found that checking "Enhanced overcast conditions"  under  "Cloud Options"  made a big difference.  Most everything else was set to default, although I did reduce the cloud distance visibility somewhat.  I was trying to get my "Autogen" to display textures a little faster, but no luck on that.  Still ... I'm happy.  One thing that was neat is that you can load or save the weather condition on a particular day ... like the storm day where the snow dumped on Boston ( a couple of days ago).  That way you could retrieve that particular day and ... perhaps do some instrument flying!  

Yes ... a nice region, and ORBX's FTXNRM does make a big difference.

Jim 

Archived