FTX Central issue

Marco Rivera

Hi Marco,

did you also install the latest library files after the install of mentioned FTX Titles ?

if not then please do so, they are available here => https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

as you have no other regions installed the single option Global when FTX Central is open is correct, when you install regions they will subsequently appear as well

you can check if they are installed as well via your Scenery Control Panel with fsX

FTX Global will not show there as that replaces the default fsX textures by FTX textures

Hi Marco,

Hello Sir,

thank you for the quick response, I did the update but once I open the FTX Central the only icon that appears is the Global. Europe is missing ???

This is correct as Wolter stated above : remarked in blue

Hi Marco,

did you also install the latest library files after the install of mentioned FTX Titles ?

if not then please do so, they are available here => https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

as you have no other regions installed the single option Global when FTX Central is open is correct, when you install regions they will subsequently appear as well

you can check if they are installed as well via your Scenery Control Panel with fsX

FTX Global will not show there as that replaces the default fsX textures by FTX textures

When you have installed a Full region for Europe ie; (ENG, SCO, WLS, I, NI, NOR) an ICON for Europe will be added to FTXCentral.

The FTX Global ICON will be the only one present, with your current Orbx Global Software.

FTXGlobal base is a global texture replacement and as such is now part of the core sim textures.  Vector & OLC EU entries will be added to your Scenery library within FSX Settings > Scenery library. Please make sure you click the FTXGlobal ICON in FTXCentral then the APPLY button to enable Global features.

Hi Marco,

Thanks gentlemen!

Now I understand the purpose of the products I purchased. They are a general scenery change and texture

Yes and no, "general scenery change", FTXGlobal, GlobalVector & OLC EU, combine together along with a Mesh Product such as FTX FSGlobal 2010 Mesh, to transform the world in a way more closely resembling reality,  rather than what is seen using MS default Textures Landclass Vectoring & Mesh, although not to the same level as a "Full Fat hand crafted Region". GlobalBase Vector + OLC + MESH do a pretty fine job indeed from what I have seen from other user setups (I have chosen to fly within the Regions and use FTXGlobal to explore a more beautiful textured world outside Regions and the Free Global Airports).

The Full Regions however, are more of a hand crafted hand placed approach, with an even greater attention to detail.

Perhaps you could have a read here, about the way your products combined enhance your sim.

Archived