Problem with FTX Global Installation - Insert Disk

SubOne

Hi,

I have recently got a new system and am in the process of reinstalling everything.  FSX is installed on a separate HDD (F: drive) away from C: drive (SSD) and the Programs area.  I run WIN 7 64-bit.

I had no problems installing FTX Australia V3 (with update to V4) and FTX Melbourne but now that I want to install Global Base Pack (a download version from FlightSim Store which unwrapped without problems), the installation process now stops about half way through the main stage; the following was done as per instructions:

- FTX Central set to Default

- the zip folder with FTX Global files extracted to a separate folder on the desktop - the .exe file opened as Administrator

- the back up files from FSX put into a separate folder located on F: drive

- no other Windows programs open

I am now getting a window open up called Insert Disk with the following "Please insert Disk #2. If the files on this disk can be found in another location, for example, on another drive, enter the full path or click the Browse button to select the path."

In the Path window of the above window, it shows  C:\Users\Guy\AppData\Local\Temp\{and a whole bunch of numbers and letters}

Can anyone please offer assistance as I'm stuck with what to do next or where to start looking.

Many thanks in advance...

Ian,

Thanks for your reply post.

All is now fixed and I've successfully installed Global Base. It was an error on my part in that when I originally unzipped the .zip folder to the desktop, I inadvertently missed moving one of the files into the folder I had created so obviously the install process was missing one of the files it needed.

Much embarrassment.....   :wacko: :wacko: :footmouth: :footmouth:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll be paying closer attention to what I do in the future as I go about my FTX re-installs.

Archived