Unable to Install NZ Sth Is Patch 003

SubOne

Hi,

I'm in the process of doing a fresh install of all my Orbx items onto a new system where FSX and all other flight sim stuff will be located on a HDD known as F:

I have installed the North and South Island packages via disk with no problems and also the Nth Is patch 001. As advised, FTX Central is set to Oceania

However, when I try to install the Sth Is patch 003 (downloaded from the Orbx website), it stops about a third the way through and asks for "Please insert Disk #2.  If the files from the disk can be found in another location, for example on another drive, enter the full path or click on the Browse button to select the path."

What is this "Disk 2"...?? or what would be the path I should use??

Thanks in advance.

Hello

The following is copied from the Definitive guide :

Running the Installer:

Instructions on how to install FTX products are provided in many places. The forums, the readme files

included in the package etc. However one very basic error that can cause a failed install, or even error

messages in the simulator is just where to run the installer from.

It is imperative to unpack (unzip, extract whatever term you care to use) the .ZIP file to a new folder

when you finally get your file downloaded. The installer should then be ran from the EXTRACTED folder.

NOT the .ZIP file.

Trying to run the installer by double clicking the .ZIP file, then running the installer may appear to work,

but very soon you will be prompted by error messages saying that the installer cannot find the next disk.

Running the installer from the correct location is the only way to ensure a full and proper install. 

This will cure your problem

Kind regards

Ian

Ian,

Thanks very much for your assistance.

What I had previously done was copy and paste the .exe file from the ZIP folder onto my desktop. This time a created a standalone folder on the desktop into which the ZIP folder was extracted.

Most appreciated.

^-^

Archived