Trees and Buildings all over airports & taxiways

grimsbee5

Well, I have been reading through all the numerous threads in regard to this problem. It seems the problem with trees and buildings on airports is quite common. 

I have now been afflicted with this tree and building plague, over many airport ramps & taxiways. I have poured over the threads and have not found a definitive solution, or a software patch.  I now have several airports unusable, LFPG, LFPB, KSEA. 

I am not sure when this occurred, but I have noticed it after installing FTX: Global openLC Europe.

I have used the scenery configuration guide, and placed all the FTX: Global openLC Europe, below add on scenery, with FTX regions and airports above add on scenery as the insertion point. (FTX Central set to FTX Global for flights in France)

I have also installed the latest ORBXLibs_141228, (12/28/14 version), just above these entries.

I carefully installed each region below with FTX Central set to FTX Global, and all patches are installed and up to date, being careful to select the appropriate region during installation.

I have also run the scenery configuration tool in FTX Vector, the reinstalled ORBXLIBS 141228 after. 

I disabled all FTX: Global openLC Europe entries in the scenery library, to no avail.

My next step, I am pondering, is to start removing regions one by one below. 

One question I have is, is it necessary to remove a region prior to reinstalling the same region? Or can I simply reinstall over an existing region. I was thinking I might start with EU4 first of FTX: Global openLC Europe.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, I was thinking of disabling FTX: Global VECTOR next, followed by a reinstall.

If anyone has any other thoughts, I would greatly appreciate hearing what fixed your tree/building issue.

Currently my FSX sim is pretty much unusable. I have never experienced such a widespread problem such as this before, and to date have spent many hours pouring over threads, and trying out various solutions, as yet to no avail.

I am disappointed to say the least. 

Nick

Hi Nick

Good New Year to you

Here is the correct method for your scenery to appear in the FTX Scenery Library Insertion Point List.

Launch FTX Central and click Tools/Scenery Library Configuration/FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points and a list appears. The correct order is as follows from the top:

Non Orbx Scenery and Airports

FTX mesh products, libraries and various other FTX files

FTX Airports

FTX Regions

Orbx openLC files

Your basic FlightSim files starting with Addon scenery

Four Orbx Vector Files

Base files

Orbx Vector AEC

Default scenery

Default terrain.

This is how I have my insertion points and I have checked the three airports you listed and there are no trees on the runways.

It is important that openLC files are all below the other Orbx files or the problems you are experiencing will occur.

Orbx Vector files will find their own place on the list and are well down below all others including openLC split into four files together and one near the bottom.

Hope these comments help

Kind regards

Ian

Than you for the replies.

I had already organized my scenery configuration as indicated by Ian. I checked again to make sure, and indeed my library configuration was correct.

I read one thread where it said to first run the FTX Vector Configurator, which I did. There were no changes.

I then enabled AEC for LFPG in the configurator, reloaded FSX. No trees or buildings! And my frame rates were back 35-55, so not too bad. I then enabled AEC for LFPB. That fixed that airport also, no trees, no buildings. I also enabled AEC for KSEA, after which I switched FTX Central to North America, and applied. I reloaded FSX, checked KSEA, no trees but the airport elevation now does not look correct. Looks like its on a plateau, otherwise its ok. Then I switched FTX Central to FTX Global, and applied. Hybrid unchecked. Re loaded FSX at KSEA. Trees and buildings all over the airport. Darn.

Back at FTC Central, FTX Global, but now with Hybrid checked. Re loaded FSX, KSEA, not trees, no buildings.

It seems to me that FTX Global should be the default to go back to, to check things. I also checked out PAKT since I recently purchased that, FTX Central, in FTX Global, and Hybrid unchecked. That airport is now totally messed up. Plateaus all over, trees and aircraft in mid air. At least they are not on the runway!

So I just don't know. What is really frustrating is all the time spent sorting out all the problems with the scenery. While I really like FTX and all, all I really want to do is fly.

The trouble is I haven't been able to as I am spending an inordinate amount of time pouring over threads looking for solutions to scenery issues.

Now I have to work on PAKT. Any ideas? I would be most appreciative.

Thank you,

Nick

I ran it before switching to North America. I have PAKT fixed now though. My Traffic 360 Airport Facilities was above PAKT in the scenery library. It is now below it and all seems in order.

Thank you for the help. I am off to fly finally! (Who knows I may be back.....)

Nick

Hello Ian,

I have been watching this thread since I am experiencing major problems with trees spoiling numerous

airports throughout my FSX world.

They do not affect any ORBX payware airports but many FSX airports.

I am reading your instructions showing many insertion points. I have always used "1" insertion point i never realzed that there should be as many as you show in your instructions.

How do you determine which files to use to create insertion points since all that shows in the list of airports is only the name of the airports no reference to the type of file it is. I realize some airports could be recognized.

Could you advise me how to recognize the various files for the list of insertion points needed or if I send a copy of my scenery.cfg

could you check the my scenery.cfg file for its lack of info to help me correct me to correct the file.

Thank You,

Spinker

Archived