Transferring Steam Download To My Flight Sim Computer

Hi

I have never used Steam and don't quite understand the Steam concept. I usually download all my FSX addons eg ORBX etc to my general use computer and then transfer and install them on my FSX computer. Can I do this with Steam FSX or do I have to download to the computer I'm using it on? Any help to clarify appreciated. Also I was led to believe you had to be online every time you start Steam FSX.

Many Thanks

Happy New Year

simdown42

Steam has to be on the computer that you want to run the program from. The program is downloaded and run from the Steam framework, where it will be one of possibly many programs in your Steam library if you continue to buy their offerings (and with their sales, chances are you will be). 

You can have Steam on as many computers as you like, and it will download any or all of your Steam purchases onto each computer if you wish. 

Some programs can be run in off-line mode. I do not know if FSX:SE is one of them.

I was very wary of Steam at first, but after using it for several years I love it.

That is an excellent plan, and I kind of wish that is what I had done. I have both versions installed which can lead to a few problems installing some of the add ons. I will probably muddle through this way until I get my next new computer in about a year, at which point I will install FSX:SE version and not the boxed edition. By then all of the issues with add ons working in SE will be solved. 

Archived