Flight time!

miloguy

Hi guys

I haven't been on much lately, but for christmas I got a really cool gift from my sister for christmas !!

I got given 30 minutes of flight time in a 737 simulator, this is going to be awesome!!

they have  a co pilot with you!

http://737jet.com.au/gallery-2/

so at least I'll get a taste of what Frank will feel when he gets his sim fully flying!

Milo

That looks pretty good, it would appear they are running Orbx scenery. I did this a few years ago, with a system running ESP (the commercial FSX), with pretty much FSX default scenery. Went from Vancouver YVR to SeaTac, straight in approach. Reset and did an ILS evening approach into Hong Kong, highly recommended. It goes fast, forgot all my callouts, and procedures, despite practicing with a PMDG 737. My suggestion, e-mail them and see what the plan is. Probably a takeoff (but these are great, but easy), at least one straight in landing, and then a request. I would go for some sort of demanding approach ie Hong Kong the checkerboard approach, where you have to make a good turn on to a really short final, or if they have it, Queenstown, New Zealand Runway 23 approach. I am pleased to say that most people crash at Hong Kong, I didn't!

Decide what you want to do, and practice!!! Time will go really fast, so you need to maximise it. Pick the time of day you want, evening or dawn will bring out the best in the scenery, and the airfield lights will be more visible. Biggest difference from desktop simming to fullsize, all the controls are in easy reach, no messing around with a keyboard or mouse!

Enjoy!

Archived