Question re second install

andy1252

Hi,

had a look in the FAQs and on the main site and couldn't see the answer to this - apologies if it's obvious somewhere and I missed it. I have a bunch of FTX products (as per sig) currently installed on FSX. I have now installed a trial version of Prepar3D v2. Am I correct in thinking I can install my existing FTX products to the Prepar3D installation without having to buy new FTX licences? And if so, do I just run the installation process again? And lastly, I assume this will mean having two lots of everything installed - will that cause problems/confusion with FTX Central? Or presumably I'll end up with two instances of that as well?

Great products by the way. I'm new to all this and at this point my main interest is not accurate piloting and procedural accuracy - I just love to fly low and gawp at the world passing underneath. The piloting side will almost certainly grow, but for now, I'm just really enjoying zooming around my own little world in some of the planes I loved as a kid (B58 Hustler out of KSFO anyone?)

Thanks, (both in anticipation of an answer and for all the effort and work put into the products generally)

Andy

Hello Andy,

The process for installing into Prepar3D v2 is fairly straightforward, first off you won't need to purchase any new licenses. Next step is to make sure you have the latest installers which can be found in your FSS downloads page. These installers will allow you to select installation for FSX, Prepar3D 1.x, and Prepar3D 2.x, they also include all previous patches. If you have backups of your installers some of them may already have the option to install into Prepar3D, but it's worth checking. 

Finally when you do get the installation complete there will be two instances of FTX Central, one will have (P3Dv2) at the end of the name. Also make sure you grab the Prepar3Dv2 specific versions of the libraries when you're finished.

Cheers,

Alex

Archived