Opinions on Installation

Woodrow

Merry Xmas to all.

I'm about to do a complete install after formatting my drives. Based on my products in my signature would someone be so kind as to tell me which to install first and in descending order. I've got the manuals but sometimes I read other instructions in our forum.

Any help will be very much apriciated.

Mark

My experience is that it doesn't matter, but I would start with the Global packages (Global, Vector and then OpenLC) , then install the regions (AU, EU and NA), and airports last. Don't forget to install the latest ORBX library after you have finnished all the packages.

Remeber to start FSX after each install to avoid issues with your scenery library. I've found that if you install many packages at once it can create a mess in your scenery library.

No neeed to install it all at once though. Just install the regions and airports for where you intend to fly.

Merry Xmas to all.

I'm about to do a complete install after formatting my drives. Based on my products in my signature would someone be so kind as to tell me which to install first and in descending order. I've got the manuals but sometimes I read other instructions in our forum.

Any help will be very much apriciated.

Mark

Step 1: install global base 1.30; open FTX central, apply the ftx global region with vector 3D light sand tree..start the sim once.

Step 2: install global vector 1.20; Start FTX central and click on global icon and apply. Open FTX vector configurator tool, untick frozen lakes in that, Go to AEC and do a quick autoscan and then then appluy changes. Start the sim and go to one random airport like LFPG, EBBR and check the top down view and different gates for any unwanted trees/roads(this is done to make sure vector installation went smooth).

step 3: Install Open LC east, followed by north, south and then finally west. Follow any order..but this is given in the manual. Start FTX central and then click apply after ticking global icon. Go to FTX products installed and check whether you have everything installed.  then follow the guide for installing open lc entries such that all FTX regions are installed above OPen LC EU. Do a defrag of the disk in which u r installing all this. Install the latest orbx library and then do once more vector config AEC auto scan tool...apply changes...start the sim and do some random flight to ensure everything works smooth. Before exiting flightsimulator, go to scenery library and manually configure scnery library entries such that open LC entries are just below add on scenery.

Step 4: start installing one by one FTX regions in any order you want and again install the latest orbx libraries. Start FTX central, enable hybrid mode, click on the region you want to fly, and click apply. Start vector config tool, do a autoscan of AEC , and then click apply. do a final Defrag of your HDD.

Step5: now finally open FSX, go to scenery library: they should have all the ftx regions at the topmost with FTX libraries at the fisrst priority followed by FTX regions, then add on scenry ...followed by OPEN LC entries and finally below that you have FTX vecotr entiries(CVX, APT, EXX and  OBJ) and at the bottom you will find AEC. Just confirm whether it is in this order. Now again start a flight and do some random testings at KJFK, KSEA, KDEN, EBBR, LTBA and some asian airports...there are some minor bugs with 1.20 vector but not at any major airports. It involves some trees appearing at unwanted regions.

if all is well you have doen the installation just fine.

cheers and happy flying 

govind

Archived