Global Freeware Pack 20 problem

spud

Trying to check the new airports in Pack 20 and already running into problem.

1. KAEJ Central CO Regional.  Two entries in Goto airport screen KAEJ(New) and 7V1 (0ld).  Airport appears to be in a very slight bowl but only 7V1 can be disabled and the bowl still exists.

2. KASE appears to also be in a bowl but it is already disabled in VECTOR Configuator??

What do you mean auto configuration will not help? Are you saying you already tried it and nothing happened? I ask respectfully - just wanting to clarify your statement.

If you did try the auto config and nothing happened, then do you use 3rd party mesh? Also make sure you don't have any other conflicting AFCAD files for either airport (sometimes those AFCAD files are snuck in with certain addons, like AI packages, so double check even if you aren't aware of any). Otherwise, I'm a little puzzled because you are the first to report this. If anyone else has the same problem, please let me know here. Thanks.

Todd

Just an FYI for everyone who might experience these terrain issues. After installing these freeware airport packs (or any 3rd party addon), always run the Auto Configuration feature in the FTX Vector Configurator Utility. If you search for individual airports they may not be listed because 1) AEC is already disabled for the default airport or another version of the airport you might have installed, or 2) the ICAO code is not listed. You still need to run the auto configuration. Do the same if you ever uninstall an airport too.

Spud, if you are still experiencing problems, please tell me. Let's get this thing figured out. Otherwise, if your issue is fixed, please let us know so we can mark this thread resolved.

Cheers,

Todd

Todd,

because Central CO Reg. airport was already in FSX as 7V1 and you candisable 7V1 in the VECTOR config. tool no such option it available for KAEJ.  While the airport in a depression is not bad it still appears to be an issue to me.

In answer to your other inquiries I did run the autoconfig which did nothing to KAEJ and left 7V1 on the right hand side (enabled) of the config. tool.  I tried disableing that airport but the depression at KAEJ remains

I intend to do as Bushpounder and disable this airport in the Global airports cfg.

Hi Spud,

Hmmm....that's interesting that KAEJ in a depression.  Here it looks level with the rest of the surrounding land.  I'm using default mesh so that may be it and 7V1 as a default airport didn't need to have AEC disabled here..  I reduced 7V1 to a single location dot in ADE so calling either airport will place you there (airports in FSX can't be removed).

Cheers, Neil

Archived