Mothball flight to McCall, Idaho

On it's final voyage I was hired to fly a Lockheed Constellation L-749 from Boise, the capitol city of Idaho, (meaning city of trees), to it's new museum location at the resort town of McCall, Idaho 79 miles to the north. Departing KBOI, R10 (2,840' elevation) and crossing the Boise River, I'll turn north and soon overfly the town of Horseshoe Bend, famous for it's “sliding†highways. There, we'll see the whitewater rafting Payette River, catch a glimpse of Garden Valley to the east, and continue to climb over the pine covered mountains topping Sage Hen Reservoir and soon drop over Indian Mountain and skirt the summer resort towns of Cascade and Donnelly before lining up for R34 (5,021' Elevation) at KMYL, back country jump off location at the famous resort and ski town of McCall, Idaho. The well known Lockheed Tri-Tail will be then set up as a tourist attraction for future generations.

The flight will get publicity and support with a following of Staggerwings using a Spartan Executive as a photo chase plane who will follow and record the final flight to it's destination.

Ok …. it's make believe …. FSX. :^)))) But Idahoans will recognize the terrain.

Watch at least the Lockheed Constellation take off from Boise until turning north .... I know it's long ...  I got into more than I expected.   Ben is right ....  many hours into just a few minutes ...

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFIjIbYmN-k

Archived