Landclass Issues after installing SCO

Gypsy Baron

I have an issue with areas of water LC showing up, in the distance, covering what looks to be 1 LOD 'square'. When I apporach this aberent water LC and am just about overhead (I have been flying tests around 3-4K ALT) the water LC begins to 'fill in' with whatever LC should have been there all along.

This issue began when I installed FTX EU Scotland. Prior to that time I had no issues at all with my Global in Hybrid mode plus FSX Global Vector and FTX EU England and most recently FTX Open LC Europe. 

I removed FTX EU Scotland and the issue went away but when I installed FTX EU Ireland the issue re-appeared but not quite as 'severely'. I was flying out of UKBA Bassingbourn on a heading of 247 initially after takeoff and then turning to the reciprocal course and flying towards Duxford.

The many small lakes in that area rendered properly until I added Scotland or Ireland. Then the lakes became one large square lake until I overflew them. This is in Englasnd, FTX Global Hybrid mode.

After I had installed Scotland I took off from EGPH, Edinburgh, and immediately noticed large areas of LC 'changing' as I approached. Most were water chnaging to land but others were large rectangles that appeared to be fields with some snow cover. These changed to what looked like sand or gravel areas.

I also installed NZNI and NZSI AFTER I had observed the issues with Scotland and Ireland and had removed them. I have not seen any annomalys down there during a couple of brief test flights.

For the time being I am staying with my install up to the point where I did the Scotland and Ireland 'experiments', so I have everything installed that is shown in my Sig except those 2 areas and Northern Ireland which I did not bother to install after seeing the issues.

Paul 'Gypsy Baron' Strogen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to our forums.

Try switching FTX Central to Global then back to Europe.

Check you have the latest libraries installed.

There will be soon a new update of the libraries with a new lclookup file that solves some issues known with compatibility between open LC and EU regions. These will be out with upcoming EU Norway.

I have the latest libraries installed. I'm pretty certain that I tried bot Global - Hybrid, EU only and Global only and

saw the issue in Global-Hybrid for sure. I believe I recall that Global only was OK in the area I was testing around Bassingbourn, UKBA.

I do not usually fly in the EU only mode as my flights often traverse to other areas so I generally keep

Global - Hybrid mode selected.

I'll wait for the next update before I re-install SCO and Ireland, Ireland North as it takes too long to restore my

installation if the issue still remains. I keep a copy of my current, working, OrbX folder on another drive but it takes

quite some time to mcopy it back into the 'on line' version folder.

I am also seeing a recurring issue when I do switch FTX settings. The "restore.bat" file keeps going missing. I get an error message

saying "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." "Access to the path 'X:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Backup\restore.bat' is denied.

Looking at that folder I do not see the restore.bat file. I then copy in a saved copy of that file and proceed.

I am suspecting that perhaps FTX Central is somehow having an issue with my OrbX folder being on my drive 'O:' and that drive

mounted in the empty OrbX folder in the FSX directory.

The installers seemed to handle this situation OK but I am wondering if there isn't a problem with something in FTX Central.

Paul

Archived