Question regarding control panel

vegasjon

Hello all!

I have a general question on using the FTX Control panel. I am currently running Version 1.0 build 1020 July 2009. I have FTX Global, North America, Australlia, and quite a few of the airport scenery packs, both the paid and free versions. The question I have is that when switching from Australia back to North America areas, should I choose FTX Global or North America? Also, is there a more recent version of the control panel available? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Jon R

Henderson, NV

Be sure to download and install the latest Orbx Libraries from the bottom of here.  That should make sure you have the latest version of FTX Central.  I always reinstall the libraries after installing anything else Orbx related.

The general rules on region selection are:

When flying only within a particular "fat" region, select that region.

When flying only outside of "fat" regions, select Global

When flying between "fat" regions and Global coverage areas, select Global and check Hybrid mode.

When flying between two areas of the world where you have regions - IE North America and Oceania - select Global, and check Hybrid mode.

Global with Hybrid checked is a good catch-all, but you lose some auto-gen variation specific to the individual "fat" regions.

Archived