FTX lights tweaker v2 crash

RobD

Hi crew, seem to have some strange issue with ftx lights tweaker v2 [via ftx au central] in p3d v2.4 running on win8.1 x64

I can set halo and size, but when I click ok on the 'success' dialog it crashes as per pic [twice]

When I fly, I see no difference in the lights, even when choosing between smallest and largest.

ftxlights.jpg

Hi Rob,

Can you tell us more about your P3D2 installation please? Did you set it into the default location ? Did you also install the latest ORBX libs ?

According to you error message, I'm suspecting a problem of rights for execution of FTX Central under Windows 8.1

Hi Richard,

The p3d install was from the full 2.4 installer, not via upgrade from e.g. 2.3 to 2.4

Yes, installed to default location [program files [x86] ]

Yes, latest libs installed [tried that a couple of times]

Runway yellow markings and textures can be changed without issue, just the lights have a problem.

The only add-on scenery I have installed is ftx au and ypjt on top.

I only had ftx au to start with and had the lights problem, then installed ypjt, reinstalled the libs but still had the same lights prob.

When I go back to the control panel, it does show the new setting I wanted, but no change in the scenery.

Thanks for your help

Hi Richard,

The p3d install was from the full 2.4 installer, not via upgrade from e.g. 2.3 to 2.4

Yes, installed to default location [program files [x86] ]

Yes, latest libs installed [tried that a couple of times]

Runway yellow markings and textures can be changed without issue, just the lights have a problem.

The only add-on scenery I have installed is ftx au and ypjt on top.

I only had ftx au to start with and had the lights problem, then installed ypjt, reinstalled the libs but still had the same lights prob.

When I go back to the control panel, it does show the new setting I wanted, but no change in the scenery.

Thanks for your help

Well, the default location is not the right place to install P3D as it's known for occuring trouble with FSX and P3D2 under Windows 8.1.

First, try to reinstall FTX AU by execution the exe as Administrator.

If that doesn't solve the problem, try by moving all the content of the root directory of P3D2 elsewhere and change some information into the registry.

See message #10 from Nick Cooper into that topic explaining how to do:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88493-uninstalling-all-orbx-scenery/

You can also unstall and install P3D2 on another location if you don't feel like tweaking registry.

Archived