Holy smoke!!!  :o

I can almost see my house in that first picture...  Awwww, Perth never looked so good.

It's all there, Shelley Bridge, Riverton Bridge, Leach Highway, Vahland Ave, man that looks so good...

Oh and I can almost see my Office/Factory/Workshop in the 5th and 6th pictures... Amazing.

Cheers and thanks so much.

Yea, I just downloaded that yesterday also, will be fun for mess around in FTX land.  But think I will be using the Aerosoft Twin Otter X almost all the time with FTX.  Cant wait untill the 5th, wont be long now.

Yea, I just downloaded that yesterday also, will be fun for mess around in FTX land.  But think I will be using the Aerosoft Twin Otter X almost all the time with FTX.  Cant wait untill the 5th, wont be long now.

I purchased the Twotter too.  I just noticed that there's an Aussie repaint available at last (AeroPelican)

Yes of course. My 15 month old baby :-)  :

Conroe E6600 @ 3.6 Ghz water cooled

FSB 1600

P5WDG2 WS Professional

Mushkin XP2-6400 4GB kit CL4

5 x WD 2500 KS 16 MB S-ATA2

Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX OC WC 768MB @ 650/1500/2000

24" Benq FP241 6ms LCD @ 1920x1200x32

2 x 19" Samsung 970P 6ms LCD @ 1280x1024x32 (one as extended Monitor, one on the network client PC)

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music

Vista Ultimate 64

Super Pi 1M - 14.3 sec

For joy flying i reduce autogen to very dense (screen shots are made with extremely dense), car traffic at about 20%, water at 2xHigh, no ground shadows, no bloom. Trees per cell tweak at 2500.

Heiko

I got it yesterday at avsim- before the 'incidence'... It's a new file. Somehow it is a bumpy ride, maybe it needs some more tweaking.

Ok, got it and it's a nice balloon... you're right though its a little bumpy when the burners are on. Sure hope he fixes it because I can see myself running FSX on my second screen with the balloon drifting along over FTX will I do my work on the 1st monitor! :)

Impressive rig... I am still considering a processor upgrade from the E6700 to the E8500.  I sort of oredered a Q6600, but the E8500 dropped in price and are quite competitive.  I am still trying to find some comparison info between the Q6600 and the E8500 but there does not seem to be much around.  Any else have any info?

Cheers,

If you like to over clock, the E8400 might be an excellent choice. With a high end air cooler or even better with a water cooling setup those CPUs clock like mad. And that's exactly what FSX needs - very high CPU frequency, very high FSB. When i take my CPU back to 3 GHz, i have to reduce the slider settings - sure thing.

Heiko

Yes of course. My 15 month old baby :-)  :

Conroe E6600 @ 3.6 Ghz water cooled

FSB 1600

P5WDG2 WS Professional

Mushkin XP2-6400 4GB kit CL4

5 x WD 2500 KS 16 MB S-ATA2

Enermax Galaxy 1000 Watt

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX OC WC 768MB @ 650/1500/2000

24" Benq FP241 6ms LCD @ 1920x1200x32

2 x 19" Samsung 970P 6ms LCD @ 1280x1024x32 (one as extended Monitor, one on the network client PC)

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music

Vista Ultimate 64

Super Pi 1M - 14.3 sec

For joy flying i reduce autogen to very dense (screen shots are made with extremely dense), car traffic at about 20%, water at 2xHigh, no ground shadows, no bloom. Trees per cell tweak at 2500.

Heiko

Wow very nice !!!!!

My new rig should be up and running within a month or two , So far i hav in my hot little hands .

Evga Nforce 780i Tri SLi mobo , Intel E8500 cpu , 2x 8800 gtx's o/c . Still have to get alot , case ram psu new screen etc etc ... But yeah im running duel sli but i dont think its worth my time running tri sli for the moment.

But man i love your rig!

Chris, the 8500 has a higher stock clock speed. For over clocking you have to know what you want to achieve - therefor the CPU multiplier is an important aspect. The 8400 has multiplier of 9.0 and 8500 has 9.5 which results in a different FSB (front side bus) at an identical clock speed. When you run without over clocking, you want of course the highest possible stock clock speed. And that can get expensive hehe.

Andy, very nice setup indeed. I hope my PC survives until Nehalem. Maybe not... lol

Heiko

Thanks for the answer Heiko...  I don't usually overclock my processors so I guess the 8500 would probably be the one for me...

Using this PC for business as well as my hobby, I need to make sure it is pretty reliable.

Cheers,

Thanks for the answer Heiko...  I don't usually overclock my processors so I guess the 8500 would probably be the one for me...

Using this PC for business as well as my hobby, I need to make sure it is pretty reliable.

Cheers,

I m also running my pc for business , email and moyob. Its a great little setup with alot of guys from the whirlpool forums who pretty much sorted out what i need for what without going overboard.

Archived