Update Needed to FAQ Post ?

FalconAF

Reference post in FAQ section:  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30378-uninstalling-all-orbx-products-a-quick-guide/

Is this post still current? Reason I ask... 

I've been away from simming for a couple years and just started up again. Already had some FTX regions, and recently bought a couple more. I also bought FTX Global.

Now, if I have Global installed and wanted to "uninstall all Orbx products", if I follow the instructions in the FAQ and simply delete the Orbx directory in FSX, wouldn't it delete my ONLY way (other than manually) to restore FSX's backup files from Global? FTX Central doesn't have a "set to [Default] FSX" anymore, where it restores the backup default FSX files.  The FSX Orbx Scripts folder is where the "UninstallOrbxFTXGLOBAL...exe" file is located. If I don't use that FIRST to restore the default FSX files that Global backed up before manually deleting the FSX\Orbx folder, I'm left with the Global files in FSX.

Yes, I could manually get the default FSX files back into FSX from the backup folder Global saved them to (as long as that folder wasn't in the main FSX\Orbx folder I deleted...hopefully I told Global to use a folder outside of FSX).  But that would assume all FTX users knew how to manually restore the backup without corrupting their FSX installation.

Just a heads-up.  Unless I'm missing something, the FAQ post may need to be updated now that Global has it's own backup and restore routine.

Archived