FTX Global Base installation causes strange textures.

FlyAndFight

Hello!

I purchased and installed the FTX Global Base, following the directions, and when I started up FSX, I am getting messed up textures throughout both Orbx regions and non-Orbx regions.

I have scoured the support forum and have tried the following suggestions several times with no success:

1. Scenery library priority placement.

2. Installed most recent Orbx libraries.

3. Refreshed the "Terrain.cfg" file.

4. Even tried the "Turkish fix".

I don't wish to have to resort to a fresh FSX reinstall, along with a ton of add-ons, so any help or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Hello Alex,

After installing FTX Global Base, did you click on Apply in the FTX Central set on FTX Global before launching your flight ?

If not, just do a test et let us know.

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for replying to my thread.  I did apply in FTX Central but had no luck.   I think that the problem was with my hard drive and/or Windows OS itself.  I started having problems in other areas and it looked like it was about to die, so I purchased a new internal and external hard drive.  I copied all of the important files over to the external drive and then started fresh with a new internal HD.

I just finished loading FSX and Acceleration and will begin the long, long task of loading all of my addons.   I will start with FTX Global Base, just to be safe!  :)

Thanks again!

Alex

Hi Alex,

If not too late, you can save long process of reinstalling FSX and sceneries incase it was installed on a different from the C: Drive.

Plug the new drive at the same time that your current dying one. You can then copy all content from one to other. When done, switch off the PC and unplug the faulty drive.

Start you windows and change the letter's new drive to the one from the former one (thanks to the Windows Drive Manager).

Good Luck.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your advice but I ended up doing a clean Windows 7 install and FSX as well.   In the process, I must have cleared up years of addon junk and FSX.cfg experiments because FSX is working and looking better than ever!

As for the Orbx addons, I started with FTX Global Base and then did the regions and then the airports, finally ending with the latest libraries and all is working perfectly. 

Thanks again for your help!

Archived