Temporary switching of FTX ENG?

DeeJay

Hi together!

I just got Aerosoft's London Heathrow Xtended and used it together with ORBX FTX England and a lot of AI traffic. Even now after the CPU upgrade to an i5 I got 7-10 fps with the default Trike Ultralight model (!). I think you can imagine how much fun it is to fly the Airbus X Extended there^^ :blink: As I want to wait for further hardware upgrades (including overclocking the CPU) until I get P3D2, I wanted to temporary disable FTX ENG for the time I'm flying IFR in England and enable it again when flying low and slow. I think Vector + OpenLC Europe should be "good enough" for IFR flying there 8) . And as there will probably never be a flight from EGLL to Damyns Hall, this should be OK.

Now I tried that by switching off the 3 ENG entries in the scenery library, but I still just get 10-12 fps over the whole of England, even if EGLL is not in sight. So, isn't it enough to switch off those 3 ENG entries in the scenery library in order to disable FTX England? Or is it the combination of Vector + OpenLC Europe that still needs so much CPU performance? I remember to have way better fps over other ORBX or default regions.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Dominik

Archived