EINN ILS Issue [FTX Ireland]

BrianT

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. I've found that when setting up for an approach into Shannon (EINN) the 1411 Airac shows the ILS for runway 24 as 110.95 @ 238 degrees however that frequency does not work. If I set it to the old frequency of 109.5 @ 239 I can pick up the LOC and GS but it will bring me in about 200 feet to the right of RW 24.

Not sure where this issue lies and so as I have the ORBX Ireland scenery I thought I's start here.

I have to say I'm a little disappointed. when I discovered the issue that I have reported above I went to the support page and read this.....

"Welcome to World Class Support! No questions unanswered. Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king". If you've got any issues with FTX, from installation assistance, performance tuning, bugs, or just any general queries about any aspect of FTX or the simulators we support, then please visit the Orbx Support Forums and we'll be ready to provide assistance."

So I came to the forum posted my issue and yet here I am nearly 2 weeks later and not one single response. I'd have been happier if I got one back from the team to say "we're looking into it" or even "Sorry mate we don't know"

Maybe I'm asking too much.

Hi Brian,

Can you make a test in the same conditions by switching to FTX Global into FTX Central with VECTOR enable then VECTOR DISABLE (unactivated through the sceneries library)?

Let us know if the issue occurs again. That information can help for investigation or else not very obvious.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Brian,

Can you make a test in the same conditions by switching to FTX Global into FTX Central with VECTOR enable then VECTOR DISABLE (unactivated through the sceneries library)?

Let us know if the issue occurs again. That information can help for investigation or else not very obvious.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Richard thanks for the reply,

I can only disable the top 4 entries for Vector the bottom entry "ORBX!VECTOR_AEC" cannot be disabled

I have tried the following

FTX Central set to Europe and Vector on or off the alignment is 200 ft to the right

FTX Central set to Global and Vector on or off the alignment is 200 ft to the right

With all FTX_EU_IRL scenery set to off then the alignment is correct but this is then using default FSX scenery.

As this appears to be an issue with the alignment of the ILS to the runway could you try the same approach and see if you have the same issue?

would I be right in thinking that the alignment is done and therefore incorrect in the ORBX EINN bgl file?

regards

Brian

Hi Brian,

Here's what is extracted from the EINN's ILS 24 as defined in FTX IRL (with FTX Central on FTX EU mode):

Ils:
heading=232.210006713867
alt=14.019M
lon=-8.94638523459435
lat=52.6926797255874
name=ILS 24
ident=ISW
magvar=7
width=3.67985653877258
end=SECONDARY
backCourse=TRUE
range=27.02N
frequency=109.500

GlideSlope:
pitch=3
alt=14.019M
lon=-8.9130337536335
lat=52.7098877727985
range=27.02N

To tell the truth, ILS in FSX or P3D are not right comparing to reality. You need to do update if you want to have data from AIRAC 1411 (see here)

Hi Richard,

I believe that the Navaids update that you link to at the end of your post only updates Stock scenery files and not 3rd party ones.

As I stated in my original post I am running ORBX Ireland scenery and that the issue with the alignment of the runway to the LOC/ILS is present only when using that scenery.

Does this problem therefore reside in whichever ORBX BGL file contains the airport? if so then surely this problem is there for everyone who has this scenery and so a fix from ORBX is required? 

You provide the ILS co-ordinates but not the runway co-ordinates if these are different then there will be an alignment issue.

Hi Brian,

I made some deeper investigations with information from the afcads. It appears that the runway 24 is well positionned into FTX IRL comparing to the stock one. Below the view in Google Earth with extracted bearings (blue for FTX, red for stock):

EINN_RW24.jpg

FTX IRL EINN RW24
        Heading=52.2099990844727
        Lat=52.7029579505324
        Lon=-8.92454713582993

FSX DEF EINN RW24
        Heading=52.2099990844727
        Lat=52.7020402997732
        Lon=-8.92491549253464

I also have a look at the charts. EINN's RW24 is only approved for CAT II operations and therfore you cannot do a full auto landing.

EINN_charts.jpg

You must align manually your aircraft following the runway's axis in final

EINN01_IRL.jpg

Hope that helps you.

Archived