Strange misplaced textures occurring

ve3ore

My reference flight is LOWI LFMN ( Innsbruck to Nice) and with openLC Europe activated in FTX central I get strange misplaced textures in the Alps. Holger described something like this in an earlier post and suggested "refreshing" the terrain.cfg file. I have tried that and no difference.

If I deselect Europe and select FTX Global with (or without) Hybrid mode selected I do not get these issues (but less relevant and impressive textures).

Further exploration into the issue shows that the problem exists when flying in other areas in Europe such as EGGD EGNS, just one example.

Also found the issue with NA LC i.e.  CYYC CYVR, again strange misplaced textures. Switching to Global and Hybrid mode also removed the problem in NA area.

I have no UTX, GEX or REX incompatible software installed. I use FSGenesis Next Map for my terrain mesh. My OpenLC enteries are below FTX regions and are as suggested in the post "How to configure openLC scenery library entries, posted by Ed Correia.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose or fix would be very welcome. I have spent many hours reading the forum posts and experimenting with my sim and getting nowhere.

I would post an image but unfamiliar with this forum software however the issue is similar in appearance to post 689048 that Holger referenced.

Maybe I have to many orbx products installed?  ..just kidding  ::)

Andy

FTX Global Base                          Order Number: FSS0287583

FTX Global openLC Europe         Order Number: FSS0304599

FTX Global Vector                        Order Number: FSS0287588

FTX EU England                           Order Number:FSS0192389
FTX NA Blue USA/Canada PNW  Order Number:FSS0192389

FTX NA PAKT Ketchican IA          Order Number:FSS0191113

FTX NA Blue USA/Canada PF      Order Number: FSS0191086

If I deselect Europe and select FTX Global with (or without) Hybrid mode selected I do not get these issues (but less relevant and impressive textures).

Hi Andy,

Welcome to our forum.

OpenLC EU is part of the global product range and Global must be checked in FTX Central to work properly.

Cheers, Sylvain.

Thanks for the speedy reply's to my issue. I think I have it clear now. Because FTX central has those neat maps that show the entire LC area I assumed that it was a tool that enable the open LC enhancement for that area.

So to be 100% clear, The openLC features, for example "openLC Europe" is always functional when installed and flying in that area. The FTX central activation for Europe enables installed regions within the Europe area to function at their enhanced level but only within their own specific area subset.   Correct?

My test flight from Bristol UK to the isle of Man confused me because when I checked the coverage maps for UK my flight was almost totally over Wales and this is excluded from the England region. Makes perfect sense however I do not have Wales as a region and will now acquire it before making this flight again.

Finally I tried a flight 100% in the England region, with FTX central set to Europe, and had no misplaced textures!

Andy

Archived