Terrain issue in Squamish CYSE

pmb

This issue is most probably caused by something on my end, but maybe someone can give me a hand.

I get steep walls around CYSE like this:

hqdzI.jpg

Similar walls are also present on the opposite side (r.h.s. on the shot). Comparison with the product page screenshots does show smooth boundaries. If memory serves me right, all was well when I installed Squamish after its release a few months ago. I made some flights in the area and I don't recall having seen these walls at that time. When I returend to CYSE yesterday, they caught my eye. This is in Prepar3d2.4, I hope it's not caused by the recent upgrade. I made a flight from Vancouver, and except this one I did not see any other obvious issues.

Anyway it's odd, isn't it?

Here is what I tried:

- Changing the Mesh slider from 5 m to 1 m, did not help.

- Deactivating all scenery except ORBX and Default in the library, did not help.

- Running the Vector Tool, did not help.

- Deactivating Vector, even including the AEC entry (after modifying it to be able to), did not help.

- Deleting PNW + CYSE, re-installing both and the most recent library afterwards, did not help.

- Deactivating CYSE did help insofar as I got the default PNW Squamish, and this one had soft boundaries.

At this point I ran out of ideas (except re-installing the simulator which I don't even dare to think of).

Thanks for any idea or hint.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Bryan,

someone to confirm this?  This would be the most welcome solution, in a sense. Perhaps I got too sensitive to steep walls?

Here is another shot from the opposite side.

HfVGE.jpg

Thanks and regards, Michael

Archived