Global Base 1.30 Problem PLEASE HELP

matthew47

Hello

OK, I know I squrewed this up big time!!   I'll start from the beginning (good place to start).  This is what I did.  When installing Global Base 1.30 I accidentally ran the backup.  There were a bunch of BMP and AGN files on my SSD, E: drive that were outside of my FSX folder.  Reading the other post it appeared OK to delete these. All is well at this point. ---------> In doing so I made a folder on my desktop to send them into that folder but I accidentally sent them to my desktop as a shortcut.  So I had a bunch of BMP and AGN shortcut files on my desktop.  -------> then a deleted all of them and to my recycle bin and deleted my recycle bin. -------------> turned on FSX and now its all dark even during the day.  Its darker than the nighttime!  there are some lights showing in a parking lot near were my plane is parked but that's it.  building and the ground are completely dark. 

What have I done? 

Also, I did manage to save all of the AGN and BMP files in a folder on my desktop prior to deleting them from my desktop. 

Did I royally squrew everything up?    PLEASE HELP.

Matthew

Hello Alex

Thanks for your reply.  I will post a pic once I get home from work today.  I'm glad someone from FTX is helping me now to resolve this.  I don't want to have to re-install FSX but I might have too.  Just to let you know, there isn't much to see since its really dark!  You can see outlines of buildings but the buildings are black, sky is black, and there is a little bit of sunlight like its dusk or dawn when its suppose to be 11:00 AM in the moring.   I have a feeling I deleted a bunch of texture files by accident or something like that! 

Matthew

Hello Alex

OK,  I opened up FSX to follow the directions of the link you sent me on how to take pics.  Guess what, its back to normal.  I changed the time of day several times and everything looks normal. All of the say textures are there.   So, I will keep my fingers crossed and hope it doesn't happen again.  I have no idea what was making it look like it did but I'm glad its back to normal.   

Thanks AGAIN Alex for coming to my help.

Matthew 

Archived