Words can't describe this...

Tom Anderson

Bought the Captain Sim C-130 last night (after a lot of 'should I or should I not') and all I can say is :o Here's 15 random shots of it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One more, a very old photo...

Posted Image

Now to figure out what to buy next, the expansion pack (to have the current RAAF versions), the 757 (for the RNZAF version) or a couple of Carenado aircraft (for VFR flying and checking out the the FTX Scenery)... ;D

Tom :)

A few more C-130 shots (REX no FTX—actually it's there but these are over water or on top of an undercast). Great bird. It's become my favorite, although I'm still struggling with the NAV radios. See new thread elsewhere here at ORBX

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

What does she feel like in the air? I mean does she feel like she looks when flying? How are the FPS?

Flies just like a C-130! Being a Navy jet kinda guy I've only had one opportunity to fly a real C-130, and then only briefly enroute, so I'm no expert. But this bird has become my favorite because it feels and sounds just right. I'm running FSX on an iMac using Boot Camp and average around 35 fps. Haven't noticed and framerate hits with this aircraft.

RAZBAM A-6 is my second choice, and just can't imagine FSX without REX . . .or FTX, of course. Just wait until you have a chance to fly around the Cascade and Olympic mountains. Even the very first beta release had me so fascinated I took a Beaver on floats and just went wandering around sightseeing, landing on rivers and in mountain lakes. And that's after having more than I could stand of endless commercial sightseeing in real life! It's been especially fun to fly the low-level routes I used to fly in the A-6, and I even recreated as a screenshot a real photo I took over Mt. Baker in an EA-6B. (Sorry, most screenshots are still embargoed or I'd share it. Here's the real one.

Posted Image

Anyone that flies the C-130 should visit http://www.baseops.net/c130pilotgouge.html and rummage around. I've attached the C-130 Brain Book from that site. Has all you need to know about speeds, procedures, emergencies, loading, etc.

That Captain Sim Christmas deal was unbelievable. All three packages for $9.99. But I prefer the basic C-130E, so all the packages turned out not to be that important.

Did have some fun with the LC-130 on the ice in Antarctica, though. But never have even bothered to fly Fat Albert (which would be cool if the JATO actually worked) or the weird one on the gigantus floats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

C130BrainBook.pdf

Dear Tommyg,

Just to answer your question if you should buy the C-130 expension set - the answer is a simple YES!!!

Captain Sim is producing some of the best FSX aircrafts and I have them all - a must is the 757 and the 727. They include some amazing Cockpit lights and environment. I love them!!!

Carenado - buy them ALL it is by far the best small aircraft addons for FSX and with the HD versions available at FTX freeware it becomes absolutely brilliant.

...watch out though - starting buying aircraft addons to FSX is dangerous - it is addictive!!! I can certainly tell!

If you are looking for some other aircrafts please feel free to ask me for a quick review (send me a PM) - I think I have most quality versions out there.

WBR,

mangotango

I have just started using the herc after buying it in the christmas sale ( been moving house of res ). This is one great aircraft - up with the cheyenne and mustang. Try the camo aussie repaint at ozx. I been having a few little problems like gps going blank ( on a second screen ) and some gauges dont load properly sometimes but this really doesn't detract from what is one great simulation. Try lowering the ramp and sitting on the edge ( always wanted to do this in real life ! )

P.S mangotango I am tempted by the new 727 - your opinion ?

Archived