FTX Global uninstaller error message

MarkB356

Hi all, this is a combined Global and P3D query, so I hope this is in the right place!

With yet another update of P3D appearing overnight I am uninstalling FTX Global using the uninstaller and get this error message:  

Radio Buttons > On Next, Line13: Argument 2 must be of type string.

Stack Traceback:

1: [Radio Buttons > On Next} Line: 13 in main chunk

No idea what that means but I can go no further.  I am doing a complete re-install of P3D and will reinstall my various bits of ORBX and fortunately have only just gotten hold of 2.3 so just Vector (done) and Global to remove/replace.

Cheers, Mark

More on this, I had no problem at all installing global 1.20 into my P3D v 2, used the triple installer and loaded up just fine.  I only come across the problem with the uninstaller.  Given that this is being done as an uninstall/reinstall, can anyone advise if it is simply a case of removing folders, as with Global Vector, regions etc, or if there is some other more complex stuff going on with the uninstaller which is beyond my meagre capabilities.  As for deleting folders, can I just do that, leaving all of the registry business alone, given that I'll be putting it all back in the same place anyhow?!

Regards, Mark

Hi, fixed.  I was using the uninstaller which appeared in this forum a while back but I see that there is an uninstaller provided with global, in the ORBX/scripts folder.  That works perfectly, giving me the option of uninstalling from FSX. P3D 1 or P3D 2.  Of course, the installer I was using had just the one P3D on show, must be the original P3D version 1.

Cheers, Mark

Archived