FTX Global mediterranean textures "spraying" issue

jlmauriz

Dear Gents,

I have been using for a while FTX Global and UTX europe together, they seem to match well in most areas. I use also FTX Vector as it gives a representation of the rest of the areas of the world. 

I have recently identied an issue with the mediterranean textures, for example, around the airport freeware of LFMK (Carcassone) as produced by you (thanks for this).

Here is a picture of what we see when UTX is enabled:

dNM40.jpg

And here is the picture what is seen when UTX is disabled, everything looks OK:

fCN4M.th.jpg

I understand you are not responsible for the integration of UTX in FTX Global, but I would appreciate if you could give some directions for troubleshooting, as maybe some file is corrupted in my computer. Could you please help?

Hi Jl, FTX Global is not designed to work with UTX Europe, i mean it doesn't work without issues, because with Global you have replacement of textures (the default ones) plus some more that didn't exist before.

So i advice you to buy OpenLC for better results, or to mantain your UTX but conscious that the combo could not match your expectations :)

Dear Maurizio, thanks for your reply.

Looking a little bit closer, can you tell me if the spraying effect you see can be due to the new textures of FTX Global not working together with the UTX ones, or do I have a corrupted file to check. If I purchase OpenLC with a corrupted file, it will probably not address my concerns. It looks like the FTX Global textures are partially replaced by other ones, it looks like a superposition of one layer above another one. Normally, the upper layer should totally cover the lower one?

7FsCJ.th.jpg

In the layer order the landclasses are upper respect to FTX Global, that's basically a texture replacement. From the picture it's difficult to say what is causing the spray issue, anyway if you decide to buy OpenLC, you can always uninstall and reinstall FTX global and then install OpenLC to be sure that all is ok.

I don't believe your files are corrupted, because if it would be the case the texture is not shown or worst you receive an error of a file missing. If instead UTX overwrites some textures after its installation, it's more probable. But if you installed FTX global after UTX i don't think neither this would be the case.

You could also try to enable / disable UTX files (?) in the Scenery Configurator and see how it'll come out. Not sure now - perhaps UTX has its own config panel? But if you've installed FTX Global, your original MS FSX textures were replaced (and backed up where you've specified - hopefully), thus IMO leave it as is...

Hi, FTX Global has not a repair option, even if it backups all the original textures, so that you can return to the original FSX. To do so, you can use the Uninstall_OrbxFTXGlobal in the directory  H:\PROGRAMMI\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts.

On the other side, as Vlad says, UTX has its own control panel where you can enable/disable the options and test the scenery. If instead you decide to uninstall UTX make sure to copy before the files bridgeroads.dds and bridgeroads_lm.dds, that are in H:\PROGRAMMI\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\Global\Texture, because the uninstaller deletes these files also, and then they result missing.

Thanks Maurizio and Vlad. UTX has the quick dissable option for the whole addon, and also the option to dissable independent items. I did some testing. The Vegetation Landclass and the Urban Landclass need to be dissabled in UTX to eliminate this interference, but then you loose all benefits of the UTX program. It is actually only happening in the mediterranean landscape as far as I could see. Taking into account this, the issue would according to your inputs due to UTX overwritting some of the textures used by FTX Global? Where would that happen? In the scenery/world/texture folder?

Yes, you're correct. Textures are in H:\PROGRAMMI\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Texture and if you look at UTX Europe features it says that they have custom textures replacement too, so it's possible that some texture is overwritten.

I've abandoned UTX Europe more than 5 years ago, btw :)

OK, Maurizio, I will leave it for the time been as it is, the rest of the regions seem to work fine. I will save some money for EU Open LC, and test it on my P3D installation. I am a little bit concerned thought with the number of findings reported in your forums, are you planning an update?

Dear GleenH, thanks for your feedback. Do you still have utx installed? Dissabling the custom landclass removes indeed the industrial areas which do not match to much with the global textures, on the other side, dissabling them did not cure the issue I am facing. I have to dissable all utx landclass. If you have utx installed, would you mind checking at LFMK airport if you see this texture issue?

Best regards,

Jose

Archived