CYBD parking problem

Pete Wilcox

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there Pete,

Have you got a picture of the airport and the problem P/spot 3.

FSX only lists the AP "CYDB Burwash" which is in the Northern middle part of the SAK Region,   as (Active - 10/28) no Parking spots only grass strip with grass casual parking, Grass Runway, 1. small generic shed  + 1 small generic building, and not much else to bang into. ie no long grass or clumps. As I have the SAK region, I might try with just global and see what it looks like.

OK Switched to Global only, checked now see listed,

(Active Runway, 10, 28, Parking1 Ramp GA Small, Parking2 Ramp GA Small, Parking3 Ramp GA Medium, Parking4 Ramp GA Medium).

1 Small shed, Runway & taxiway now concrete. Loaded at Parking spot 3 in KingAir 350 with out crash. No crashes at other spots. No long grass or clumps to bang into a short radio mast & becon tower. 

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for checking. I haven't tried to duplicate the crash but the aircraft was hitting the beacon tower when FSX started. Maybe it was the other parking position but I see the problem now. Why does Plan 3G show parking options but when it loads into FSX the position shows "unknown"? I usually always leave my FTX Central on North America.

At any rate I just flew to Whitehorse and thought it was one of the best airports I have seen.

Pete

Hi Pete,

The airport CYDB Burwash is actually in YT Yukon Territory

As far as I can see when in default FTXGlobal the becon tower and Short radio mast are outside the fence, probably 20-30ft from the concrete apron, so can't imagine why the aircraft would spawn outside the fence. Have you got any third party Airports or scenery active in this region.

I don't have "Plan G" but would imagine the airport loads at the Plan G location outside the fence and not FSX default FTXGlobal locations inside the fence on the designated apron parking spots.

Below is a Pic of Default FTXGlobal, Burwash parking spots as listed by FSX, note the fence and location of the Radio mast and becon tower distance from the apron parking.

QLZNv.jpg

Thanks again. I'll try and duplicate the crash with specific parking location and snap a photo before FSX closes and restarts. I wish when there is a crash FSX wouldn't close. When I was first learning I often wanted to replay my crash so I could learn from it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

It is best to run your sim without Aircraft crash detection, it is considered unrealistic, and with complex scenery you may get tripped up by a single blade of grass, or load at a terminal without your parking brake on, only to find that you have rolled into the building or other structure (Oh dear!) and have FSX quit and reload as a result. 

Or you might find yourself in a crash/reload loop where you have to exit to the main FSX menu just to stop the continuous loop if you can't press "Y" or "P" quickly enough upon reload.

Place a bullet in FSX Settings > Realism Tab > Ignore Crashes and Damage.

• 2 months later...

Hello!

I have a problem with CYDB, too. I try to fly from PAJN to 15Z (Mc Carthy) -> Flight plan: PAJN - CINGA - HNS - CYDB - MYK - 15Z. About 2-4 NM from CYDB I get a Bue Screen error and this is happened four times now - yesterday and today. Yesterday was my first attempt to fly on this area.

I have all NA Regions installed and Global Base, Global Vector, FS Global Ultimate, many ORBX NA Airports and Freeware NA Packs 1-18.

FSX Gold Editon

Windows 7 64 bit

Latest Orbx Library installed and Vector Configurator elevation correction done.

FSX.cfg done by Bojote

Aircraft A2A C182 Skylane with F1 GTN 750

Any ideas?

Rolf

Oooopppps - this went wrong topic. I'm very sorry about this. This is CYBD topic and I have the problem with CYDB...

Archived