Installation problem

kenthom

I am attempting to install regions and airports on my new computer.  After getting the unwrapped notation and installation, I get a prompt to put in disk 1.  The same thing happened with a direct download of KBZN.  ORBX is in the FSX file but I do not see it in the library folder.  I don't think it has fully installed.

Suggestions

I get all the prompts just as the pictures describe.  And I have followed them as described.  I decided to let the installer run for an extended period of time.  I was given the warning prompt not to click finish.  I pressed "ok" and then I got the "finish" page and the "welcome" page.  I never got the "successful installation page.  So I ran it all again and did not press the "ok" prompt when warned about the "finish" tab.  The "running installer" continued to run for nealy an hour with no progression.  I pushed the "ok" tab and again I got the "finished page".  Obviousy it has never finished the install.  It seems to hang up near the end of the install.

Suggestions

I put all my downloads into a folder labled downloads.  Then I open them and play run.  The region (central rockies) was on a purchased backup disk.  It did the same thing.  Near the end of the "running install" the install progression line seems to stop.  when I hit "ok" on the warning tab it immediatly switches to the two tabs indicating that it has been unwrapped and "welcome".   The "successful install" never appeared.  I have let the install run for a long time before hitting the "ok" tab.  It just seems that it is stalling and will not completly install.  I am out of town and away from my FSX computer until Saturday.  I will make more attempts.  I had no problem with my old computer and I certainly want the product on my new computer.

Flight Sim Store Wraper can be a pain i strugled with it for a long time before i learned how it works. I suspect that your problem is not the wraper but it could be. i read that you have a new computer and that i suspect is were things are going wrong. the os win 7 win 8 trys to protect you only produces frustration.

try runing the wraper install as administrator and that may be all that you need to do. did you get a new key for the wraper on your new computer that may be a fix as well. I know how hard it can be to get orbx scenery installed but it is worth the strugel. also be sure to check fsx.config is set to 4096 in the max textuer load.  i hope this helps. Ho don't be put off if someone says that orbx dosent have a service department the folks on the fourm have helped me through a lot of rough spots like the one you are going through. belive it or not they will help you they have helped me and i am noboady.

you will need to extract the downloaded file in to it's own folder and then rightclick the exe and select to Run as Administrator

all other options are a no go, also you need to be sure that there is enough free space on your drive as the wrapper needs that to perform it's little trick

Archived