Uninstalling Oceania

RobdeVries

Hello I tried to uninstall the AU region as per instructions in the FAQ (albeit for the other region's). But When I start FTX central I;m getting a regions validation report with error's like:

Custom file does not exist.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.au\BLDG2.dds

Moreover the Oceania region icon is still there in FTX central.

Could anyone give me some pointers as what to do to delete it entirely.

Thanks,

Rob

1. Run FTXCentral by clicking the FTXCentral icon on your desktop

Now switch back to FTX Global/default and hit Apply, close FTX Central

2. Start FSX, and go into the Scenery Library screen. Remove the entries below as follows:

Remove the entries for the FTX region as follows:

FTXAU05_ROADS

FTXAU25_SCENERY

FTXAU26_SHORES <---- FTX AU GOLD FOLDERS

FTXAU28_CUSTOM

FTXAU45_SCENERY

FTXAU46_SHORES <---- FTX AU BLUE FOLDERS

FTXAU48_CUSTOM

FTXAU15_SCENERY

FTXAU16_SHORES <---- FTX AU GREEN FOLDERS

FTXAU18_CUSTOM

FTXAU35_SCENERY

FTXAU36_SHORES <---- FTX AU RED FOLDERS

FTXAU38_CUSTOM

Also you should remove all AU airfield entries they all start with Y in their ICAO code

Hit OK, wait till the scenery Dbase rebuilds and exit the Scenery Library, when done close fsX

3. go to the .....\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator X/ORBX/FTX_AU folder and delete the mentioned folders above + eventual airfields you may have installed, DO NOT remove the ORBXLIBS folder !!!

4. go to the .....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts folder and delete all scenerylib files that contain AU in their tag (max number =29)

now in the same folder there is a file named FTXConfigurator.exe, right click and select to run as Adminsitrator, you won't see anything happenning as it is a silent application,

fire up fsX and let it rebuild it's data base, close fsX, open FTX Central, Oceania should still be there if you have NZ installed, if not then I think it should be gone

just for safe keepings run the latest library files

that should do it imho

Archived