FTX Global not installing, wants disks, huh?

akmatov

Bit the bullet and got FTX Global, but can't install it.  Starts to install and then wants me to insert Disk 1.  Tried directing it to the folder with the nine OrbxFTXGlobal 512MB files, but didn't want that.

Help

Thx for being the only respondent, but the link mostly says go spend money on a download manager.  i don't think a faulty download would cause the program to behave normally up to the point after the install has started and then tell me to insert a disk - that is something within the program, not something not working because a download missed a piece.

Still would like a bit of guidance on installing a $100 piece of software.

Hmm, someone had the time to move my topic, without telling me to where so I had to search for it, but not time to comment on my problem, not what I have come to expect from Orbx.  Cranky, going to get some coffee.

Hello again akmatov

I have taken the time to highlight what I think is your problem which is as follows :-

"It is imperative to unpack (unzip, extract whatever term you care to use) the .ZIP file to a new folder 

when you finally get your file downloaded. The installer should then be ran from the EXTRACTED folder. 

NOT the .ZIP file. 

Trying to run the installer by double clicking the .ZIP file, then running the installer may appear to work, 

but very soon you will be prompted by error messages saying that the installer cannot find the next disk. 

Running the installer from the correct location is the only way to ensure a full and proper install. "

The above quote was taken from the previous link that I sent you

By the way, we are all members of what is considered to be the best Flight Sim Forum out there and are only too willing to help, if we are asked in a friendly and courteous manner

Kind regards

Ian

I have definitely noticed the quality of this forum and I believe I have been courteous.

Thank you for highlighting the specific area within the totality of the Guide which you suspect might be the issue.  I will now go try that and see how that works as I may have done that incorrectly.

Thx for the fast and specific response,

William

Ian,

Got it working!  :)

And just to add to the list of ways to not install FTX Global, you really do need to close FTX Central when told to in the middle of installation.  I really shouldn't try to install things when tired.

Thx for the advice.

William

Archived