Horrid FPS at KSFO

Mac_Maddog88

Given it's the default KSFO, but still.

I can't stand low 20s when at a complex ORBX airport like Bozeman I get up to 50 and never below 30 in the NGX. I was wondering, is the FPS any better in Flightbeam's SFO?

It's odd - You have the default airports that are FPS black holes. Then replace it with complex addon scenery that's not a bunch of low res boxes and you get better performance. Is it this way with Flightbeam's rendition of SFO?

Thanks,

-Mac

San Francisco is a tough one for performance. There are two major international airports, another large regional airport (San Jose), dozens of busy GA airports, two large cities, and it is all surrounded by dense urban/suburban area around the bay. 

For NCA there are a few tricks you can try, most of them documented here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74207-cranes-san-francisco/

In NCA I disabled the FTX_NCA_objects_SRA_marinas_ships_docks_PLC.BGL and FTX_NCA_objects_CA_Oakland.BGL (which i believe are cranes) and brought performance back up. I can now run Airline traffic at 70% in heavy weather and still get very decent frames @KSFO.

Archived