Folks,

Just completed my new rig:

ASUS Maximus VII Hero

4790K @ 4.4Ghz (For now)

Corsair DD3 2400MHz

EVGA GTX 780

Windows 7 64-Bit

Custom Water Cooled Loop

I will most likely follow Nick N's guide to setup Windows 7 and FSX, but did have the following question:

I have the following scenery packages, and was curious if there is an ideal order to installation... What I have is:

FS Global 2010 FTX Version

FS Global Ultimate - The Americas

FS Global Ultimate - Europe/Africa

ORBX FTX Global Base

ORBX FTX Global Vector

Any thoughts on how the install should flow with the above is appreciated! Oh, and should I still follow Nick N's guide? Thanks very much in advance!

Roger that, is there a reason you have two forum accounts here? if you cannot login with the other account we can fix that,

The order number is tied to your original account name thats why our anti-piracy software alerts us, just as it does with others

Hey Bill,

Is this the account you wish to keep, or the old one?   I note your IP address has not changed, so assuming you still have access to the old email, this account can be rolled into the one, that bears your name.

That is simpler from this end, in terms of your order numbers, which are linked to your other account.

While Ian sorts the account merge I'll continue on from your original post

I have the following scenery packages, and was curious if there is an ideal order to installation... What I have is:

FS Global 2010 FTX Version
FS Global Ultimate - The Americas
FS Global Ultimate - Europe/Africa
ORBX FTX Global Base
ORBX FTX Global Vector

General setup of Windows7 and FSX:

- To be honest there really is not much to do these days regarding the system, you have a beast of a rig, just fully update windows, get drivers for GPU etc, turn off UAC

- Install FSX in a custom folder, not the default location offered, this is to avoid any permissions issues, start FSX after installation, and again after each servicepatch, or after Acceleration DVD, whichever you have

Scenery packages:

- Install FTXGlobal first and 1.2 patch, then the others in any order, run the latest Orbxlibs patch last, fire up FTXcentral, select [Global], press apply, run the VECTOR AEC tool, press apply

- Defragment HD, or use your SSDs optimize tool depending on what type of hard drive you have

- on your first couple of initial flights be aware that it takes a little while for it all to 'bed' down

If you have more questions or I have not been clear enough, please say so, it sounds complicated when written but in reality its not

Cheers

Tim

Archived