sinking tyres

wombat

hi guys

just installed YMML SP1 and Service Pack 2 and now I am getting the aircraft tyres sinking into the runway, setup as per SP1 user guide, any help would be appreciated.

This sinking is only at YMML.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yes, we had difficulty sourcing a quality road base for runways, taxiways and hardstands when constructing the airport, but this has been largely overcome by issuing a Notam to intending operators to reduce tyre pressures when engaged in operations at this gateway to Australia. The high quality material has been mainly exported to assist with our Balance of Payments problem, but a committee has been studying the problem and is due to make recommendations in their report which is due any day now, certainly by the new year.  ;)

I was thinking along the same lines, perhaps the runway was new and an airport employee had not put out the road closed signs. ;D

looks like I did reduce tyre pressure too much. ;D

now seriously is there a fix for this? the graphic's at YMML are great.

The runway model sits 7cm above the ground otherwise it will flicker. So your tyre will always appear to sit slightly below the surface. Thats as good as it get i am afraid.

Also if you are wondering aircraft shadows will only work on the modeled runway if the aircraft is a pure FSX aircraft. Anything from FS9 or earlier will not cast a shadow due to the different technologies of how textures are handled.

Archived