Water texture over mountains

ge01

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the Tasmania Demo (FTXAUBLUEDEMOSP3.EXE). Installation was straightforward. But when I fly (FSX), i get water textures over mountains, see attached pic. Needless to say, I got no other landclass, mesh or vector files installed, and these textures don't show with default FSX.

Of course it doesnt encourage me to purchase FTX products, unless its a bug in the demo.

Cheers,

Gerard.

PS: Seems I can't attach a jpg pic, wonder why.

Well the whole bunch of Tasmania scenery files (FTXA*.*) intalled itself on top of everything as expected. I  moved it down below the few european airports and sceneries i have (nothing related to Australia), but I still get the same result as above.

These water textures appear only when I get close to the mountains, approximately at the same time when snow covered trees appear.

G.

You are right, and I don't have any other scenery add-on installed. I have unchecked everything in the scenery library menu of FSX. I dont have global sceneries like UTX and so on.

G.

I installed the other demo, Pacific Northwest, PNW.

When I activate it in FTX Central and then fly over Tasmania, the wrong water textures do not show. But I suppose I miss some features of the Tasmania scenery, since PNW is activated, but apparently not Australia. In FTX central, you have to choose one or the other.

So I guess there is something wrong in the Tasmania demo custom landclass.

G.

Archived