Is this a texture or landclass or something else issue?

FLighT

Flying from LIRE to LIRM (Italy) at N40 55.20 E13 40.74, the tiles keep changing as I fly over from land to water types.

623RQ.jpg

5W0bh.jpg

C52cF.jpg

And this is LFBC (France) and I note that 2 other AP's closest to LFBC do not show this issue. As I taxi around the AP these rogue textures turn on and off as well.

BN38.jpg

6w1xl.jpg

This is an Orbx only rig so I don't see this as a conflict with other addons.

Thanks

I checked FTX Central and it is set to Global with Hybrid unchecked.

Scenery Library as follows: (and is correct from all I've read here)

FTX on top (all)

Tongass (2 entries)

Addon Scenery folder (contains scenery and texture folders but both are empty - I don't use any other scenery/texture addons besides FTX products and Tongass)

Edwards folder down to:

Africa folder (Default FSX?)

FSGlobal Ultimate Mesh (8 folders)

1107 Base

etc.

Had a similar issue a few days back at Genoa AP in Italy, runway textures okay, but on approach and while taxiing down the runway surrounding grass textures / tiles would change back and forth between water and grass. This effect would disappear at a certain height above the runway. A couple of other fellas posted about this issue at Genoa last year but apparently there was no resolution. I played around with mesh resolution a bit at Genoa but it made no difference.

Wolter, this may be a FSGlobal Ultimate mesh problem, I need to investigate further, if I turn the mesh and texture res way up I may be able to make the issues go away but I want to check into it more and take some screen shots. These may be more instances of a more accurate mesh making for problems.instead of solutions.

Well, I think I’ve got it figured out but I don’t know if it can be fixed other than with some customized work on the 2 AP’s.

I’ll dispense with the easy one first: The water / land tile texture switching @ N40 55.20  E13 40.74 @ 1,000ft @ HDG 65. FSGlobal  Ultimate Mesh’s places 8 folders in the scenery library. Europe and Africa are together in the same DVD box package.  I generally fly one location for a few weeks consecutively. No need to load all 8 folders at the start of each flight so I deactivate the 7 folders I won’t be using and it saves almost 3 minutes in load time for a flight, whether there is any other performance benefit or not I don’t know. On a whim I activated the Africa folder. Problem solved. Even though this location is  only a mile or 2 off the west coast of Italy between Genoa and Rome the Africa folder must have some overlap with Europe.  This might also come into play with the other 2 boxes as well somewhere else. Have to keep that in mind for the future.

With respect to the AP issues at LFBC and LIMJ:

LFBC: it turns out that if I move up the mesh and texture resolution from 10M and 7cm (my standard setting except in NA due to addon APs)

to 19m and 15cm at LFBC the issue is gone. 

LIMJ: it turns out that if I move up the mesh and texture resolution from 10M and 7cm to 38m and 30cm the issue is gone.

Both of these AP’s are close to sea level and on the Mediterranean coastline so maybe that’s got something to do with it.

But here was the really  surprising thing, in addition to my 2 sim rigs I have a 3rd pristine, totally default installation of FSX Accel on my laptop for a base reference and to be able to replace a screwed up default folder or file in one of the sim rigs if needed, (never have so far). The exact same problems exist at those 2 AP’s with stock FSX Accel as well at 10m and 7cm and the fix is the same. So I’m guessing without a custom mesh correction it is what it is at these 2 locations.

I also note that this is with the Ultimates, I don’t know if FSG2010 (or 2010FTX) show these issues or not or if the FTX version addresses it, or whether Vector (when I install it) will have any effect or not, but if it’s in stock FSXAccel…

That’s about all I can come up with, because the issue displays as a texture issue I originally thought that, or LC calls, was the problem. Looks like it’s not. Perhaps a bit of a plateau at these 2 AP’s would help :lol:

If anyone else has a better handle on what’s happening here, please chime in. Otherwise, I've answered my own question.

WOW ! 

great research there Sir !

Thank you for the explanation to your own question :D;)

I think that if it already was there in the fsX Acceleration in basic then it just moved along and so far as we know nobody payed attention to it, it bring it to the Dev's Team attention see if they have a chance to maybe do something about it, but I can not promise anything

Again Thank you for your efforts in this :)

Archived