FTX Global struggling to load properly when in flight!

Chris Carpenter

Hi guys i have been having a very frustrating time with global base ever since the day i bought it. when i spawn at an airport and switch to an external view, yeah sure everything looks wicked, but when im flying, scenery in front of me is blurred, and and towns and built up areas have no houses etc, when i zoom in on the scenery i can see the shapes of the houses and the roofs but they are not 3d, basically as i get level with the scenery, the odd building starts popping out the ground, and the trees start too slowly appear, its as if its struggling to load. its really getting me down as to be honest it looks terrible, esppecially after how much i have spent on it. i currently have orbx england, ftx global base, and today i even purchased vector in the hope it would sort things out as my mates rave about it but no not for me!! i have tried all of the recommended fsx slider settings, but stil no good, i also notice that half way through flights it almost looks like its stopped loading and it looks like deafult scenery, i have taken still pics in the past and showed my mates who run orbx and they have all said that it looks like orbx but dosnt quite look right,,, im begining to wonder if i haver a duff download purchase and there is maybe a bad cab file or something? as its like the fitfh time i have re-installed it, hope someone can help as its really getting me down and im rapidly loosing faith in ORBX scenery :( incase its any help my spec is as follows. (AMD fx6300 six core processor, ASUS NVIDIA GTX660 2gb gddr5 oc edition gpu, 8gb corsair vengeance ram, windows 7 profesional 664bit, sp1 and 2 for fsx and fsuipc, i fly the pmdg ngx and run opus weather...

Occasionally in flights I get the same results and am convinced it is because of background services running. Because other times everything runs perfectly.

This is a photo of the Tennessee River which is default scenery plus Global Base and UTX. Trust me in real flight it looks much better than the photo and looks as good as an FTX region.

yRc15.jpg

Archived