Tasmania Demo - Trees in water & Landclass Error

Hey guys,

...just downloaded the Tasmania Demo. 

- The install went fine.

- I then launched FTX Central and noticed that it installed an old version of FTX Central (saw the old Default' icon instead of FTX Global' icon)   ....but set it to Australia anyway

- I then installed the lastest Orbx Libraries (out of habit)....this ended up intsalling the lastest version of FTX central back onto my system.

- However, when launching FTX central now, I get the following error: "  Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section"

jlyw.png

I can click okay a couple of times to clear the error and can continue in FTX central.  Made sure Australia is still checked  - Yes.

- Launch FSX

- Start at YCBG, take-off  and see tress in the water!  Lol - not sure what happened to the landclass/terrain.cfg file.  Any clues? 

y81Ve.png

Thanks in Advance...

I get that effect, but only with the Australian scenery loaded, I have all of the original Australian scenery + updates.

Could not work it out, so I cleaned FX off completely, it needed it anyway, reloaded base global, then vectors and LC Europe then England, Scotland,Wales and Ireland, both parts. every thing looks great. Load AU Blue and immediately get the same problem.

Cleaned FX off again, reloaded just Global Base, the Vectors and LC Europe and left it at that, I am not game to load any further scenery, which is a pity as I have most of the work Orbx have released over the years 

Hi all

I had a similar problem with trees in water and ever changing texture plates. I read that the insertion point of LC is vital and discovered that my LC was above FTX in FTX Central, moved it to make sure LC was below FTX and everything is fine now.

Just a thought

Best of luck

Ian

I get that effect, but only with the Australian scenery loaded, I have all of the original Australian scenery + updates.

Could not work it out, so I cleaned FX off completely, it needed it anyway, reloaded base global, then vectors and LC Europe then England, Scotland,Wales and Ireland, both parts. every thing looks great. Load AU Blue and immediately get the same problem.

Cleaned FX off again, reloaded just Global Base, the Vectors and LC Europe and left it at that, I am not game to load any further scenery, which is a pity as I have most of the work Orbx have released over the years 

Thanks for the heads up - nice to know I'm not the only one :)

Hi all

I had a similar problem with trees in water and ever changing texture plates. I read that the insertion point of LC is vital and discovered that my LC was above FTX in FTX Central, moved it to make sure LC was below FTX and everything is fine now.

Just a thought

Best of luck

Ian

Ian,

I did check and my LC is below all my FTX entries already (FTX entries at the top) -  but the problem still remains.   As luck would have it, I know lost all my water in the PNW region as well. At least around the Friday Harbor area. I guess I might post this in the Payware support forum now since my PNW is messed up.  Thanks for the helping though....  :)

Wolter,

I thought I would post back here and update that the issue has been resolved! :) 

I basically copied over the previous terrain.cfg that was in my ....Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work directory  - over the current terrain.cfg in my FSX root folder. Violla! Thank goodness ORBX makes a backup of the terrain.cfg file.....   Whew!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond.  What a great community!

-DB

• 3 months later...

Archived