Kenai runway lights too bright?

donbrindles

Herewith screenie of Kenai at night - great airport! But, the runway marker lights seem way too bright/large - I've already disabled the centre line markers. For comparison, see screenie of Ketchikan - the runway  (side marker) lights here seem about right, although the centre line lights again seem very bright. Anything I can do to reduce the intensity/size of the Kenai lights? Any advice much appreciated,

Don

Onop.jpg

vK7jZ.jpg

Hi Don,

Have you tried these Runway Scalar lines in your FSX.cfg -  Under [Display] heading

If not these may make an improvement, try them as is, and if you wish make adjustment to the =n.n values to suit your taste.

If you want smaller surface lights you could adjust RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0 down as low as 0.5

[Display]

RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.0
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.8
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.9
RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.2

Hi Don,

Yes it is going to affect all airports, but that is its design/purpose, it does not effect brightness just the size of the "Orb' obviously the intensity reduces with size.

To be honest I don't really know if it will make one Airport brighter than another  ie; Kenai / Ketchikan, never made the comparison but I have been using these Scalar mods since FS9 and they do wonders for airfield runway lights. The effectiveness of the Scalar will depend upon what method was used to create the light or the object it is emanating from, of course it can't hurt to try the Scalars and make adjustments until you are happy.

Archived