Tribute to the Aussies hero's

PeanutButterJelly

This is the last thing i do before i go black ( no internet )

this paint is modefied by myself ( texture was crap ) im working later on the 764 firecopter from australia

To give a little bit a tribute to what all those firemen did, and to help out those stranded, constantly in danger of their own life

with a temperature of 55 degrees outside, not mentioning what the temperature is when your close to the flames

this is for you guys, the heros from Aussie

(click image for a zoom)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• 3 weeks later...

, what about the fires, who caused them and are they under controle yet?

Hi PBJ, I live in Queensland, well north of Victoria where the fires occurred, but I notice that there have been good rains in most of Vic over the last week, and believe the fire threat has diminished somewhat - our Victorian friends may be able to give you an update. The bushfire 'season' is almost over as winter approaches. The fires start in a number of ways - some by arsonists, others by lightning, electricity transmission equipment failure, people 'burning off' carelessly. leaving campfires unattended or not properly extinguished, railway trains spewing sparks - the list goes on, but the results are often catastrophic. Thanks for your interest  ;)

We had some good rains this week, so I guess its over, after a month.  Thank you for your fund raising efforts.  About a week ago I heard that they have got the fire under control in the Wilsons Prom which is a national park. It posed no threat to life or property but sadly it is a national park ,south of Melbourne.

A couple or so of country towns got wiped out.  The last figures I heard was about 1900 homes were burnt to the ground and about 208 lives were lost.  Very lucky it wasn't a lot more.

Those Helos- "elvis' is the name of one of them, are probably not Aussy owned (?) .they spend half the year in Aus and the other half in Europe . I believe they go to Greece or Italy (?) they have a wild fire season too.

Oh yeh, whilst Im raving, our next problem might be contaminated water supplies. We drink from dams , and with the rains the water running through the creeks to the dam could be contaminated.  One creek is running black with all the forest fire ash.

yea someone told me ppl withfully burned their house to the ground to fool insurance, and with burning their homes alot of other ppl went homeless,

i heard from ppl who throw their sigarettes without putting 'em out

its tragic and sad so many ppl went homeless during ppl doing stuff carelessly

isnt there anything the gouverment can do about sparks at the railway? or cutting parts of wood so its not a forrest that goes up in flames...

Those Helos- "elvis' is the name of one of them, are probably not Aussy owned (?)

to answer your question

Posted Image

Posted Image

N218AC / 749 (cn 64-033) "Bluey" is preparing to lift-off on its way to fight the Victorian bushfires. Following adoption by the local community in Melbourne, in appreciation of its fight against bushfires, it has been renamed "Bluey". It was "Elsie". The tragic, devastating fires in the North-East of Melbourne claimed over 200 people confirmed killed, 2000 homes destroyed, 3 towns wiped out.

well i also did my tribute as a few of you knew, i ended up with 141,60 Euros i earned with playing the didge

all the money is send and receaved by the australian red cross

and a pleasure to do this, and i hope i can skip nect year without people losing their homes like this

Archived