EuropeLC scenery far from reality [Belgium and Italy]

Hi Maurizio,

What I don't understand is the following:

In the OpenLC Europe manual I read:

What FTX Global openLC does:
If you are reading this User Guide you have likely already installed openLC and perhaps taken your first flight to
discover the difference. Landclass data is the way the simulator knows what all the land is being used for and
tells the simulator what type of ground should go where, for example: Forest, City, Agriculture, Desert, Docks,
Grassland, etc. The simulators come with a global default coverage of landclass data, but many areas contain
missing or in-accurate data.
FTXG openLC plans to change that.

Why OpenLC doesn't know that there is a city in Lier, Salerno, Seefeld or about the many cities which have too much or too less urban, forested, agricultural, .... areas? 

When you use open street maps data you can see where the urban areas are. For example the city of Lier in Open street maps:

osm_lier.JPG

All the grey areas are urban areas, the pink areas are industrial areas. Also forest areas and agricultural areas can be seen.

So why don't you use this information to locate where the nice looking textures should be placed? Is it a technical issue or a licensing issue?

Why can do an old product like UTX this job better? 

Please can you explain this without judging my person. I'm not so important, so you don't have to write about me...

Thanks a lot,

Snoopy

I have Prepar3D on my PC together with FTX Global, Vector and Europe LC. Yesterday I had some flights in Belgium and Italy. 

The new textures look really good, but I'm disappointed with the lack of reality of the scenery.

A couple of examples:

- the harbour of Ostend (Belgium) is not there. The docks are there but instead of harbour buildings and ships a forest can be seen.

- the harbour of Zeebrugge (Belgium): the harbour is there, but most part of it is only gray with no buildings (like all other harbour areas, why no buildings there?). Between the seadocks there is also a residential area with housing, a strange place for people to live.

- also the cities are not there where they should be. The city of Lier (Belgium) for example is missing. The roads, rivers, everything is there, but it seems this city has disapeared in the ORBX world.

Maybe Belgium didn't receive much attention when the scenery was made; so I made a flight around Naples in Italy. The nice looking volcano looks great. Maybe the part of the world got some more attention. 

But also there I'm disappointed because when I fly to the island of Capri, the part that is closest to Sorrento is bold (brown colered) and covered with a few bushes. The rest of the island is OK. When I look on Google maps the island should be green (garming) with some trees and some villages).

This topic has drifted way off ..

Some tips for reporting Support Issues:

Give your thread title a specific NON-inflammatory title.  This thread should have been titled OpenLC EU Inaccuracies -- Belgium and Italy. or similar.  The thread title chosen for this gets my hackles up, and I'm not an OpenLC team member!  Room for improvement.

If you are serious about getting developers to enhance the product, think about specific issues only.  The initial post had promise, and coupled with constructive dialog would have been more useful.  Suggesting that everyone flies around their own specific area looking for errors is not constructive, and bordering on inflammatory.  Report your issue, and let others report theirs.

No doubt the OpenLC team have seen this thread.

Snoopy, if you find further Landclass issues, please start another appropriately titled thread, and the team will look at those too.

The Belgium issue has been covered, so we're done here.

EDIT: I have asked the OpenLC guys specifically to note this, and we can move on.  Thanks.

Archived