Default planes in fsx

miloguy

hi guys ,

I am just re installing fsx  and was just wondering

is it possible to clear out all the default planes and just have the ones 

you fly? or does that cause problems for default traffic?? 

as half those planes I'll never fly any way..

thanks

Milo

I have cleared out most of my default aircraft because i only fly payware.

go to your fsx sim objects folder / aircraft and drag any aircraft you do not want to load into a new folder, (I named mine OLD FSX AIRCRAFT) and moved it to the desk top.

No issues,

hope this helps

Malc

sorry forgot second question.

indicated air speed is best

malc

Why is indicated speed best, simply because it is the speed of the air travellinig over the wings of the plane and that is what determines if a plane flies or stalls.IE if your plane stalled at 100 kts and you where flying at 20000 ft, and your indicate airspeed was 110 kts the plane would fly happily, so you turn on the gps which says ( no taking into account wind speed), the plane is doing 140 kts, so you slow down to a gps speed of 110 kts , the plane indicated speed is now 20 kts under the stall speed and you crash. So much to learn.

I have found that deleting some of the stock aircraft had one minor consequence;  Some addons, either aircraft or scenery,  may use a sound from the particular aircraft and they pointed to the folder where the aircraft is located at and the .cfg';s.  Not all do this.  

If there is a stock A/C i don't want seen on the list I have opened up each A/C folder and put a X in the aircraft.cfg on the first numbered A/C.  This hides it from being shown on the library, but the folder  is still there to be used if needed.   

Now, if I really don't want it on the HD, make a copy of the A/C in a Hanger folder, in storage.  This is my work around.

As indicated, make a new file under aircraft. I named mine hanger. Move unwanted aircraft into the new folder. They are now gone. But you can easily reverse your decision should you want them back. I often do this to aircraft I am thinking about deleting. Of course this doesn't free up any disk space. I believe if you go into the individual aircraft you want removed and name the panel folder to panel.off they will not show up. Many AI aircraft work this way. No panel and they will not show up as available.

The simple way to remove unwanted default aircraft is in the aircraft.cfg find the line that says panel= and ammend it to panel=off

Simple job done, the aircraft wont show up in the selection screen yet they will be there for any addons that might use sounds or gagues from the defualt aircrat.  Example being Aerosoft's orginial Twin Otter which uses the defaul Maul's Autopilot.  Also they will all still be available for AI.  Yes it consumes drive space but when SSD's are at all time low no worries.

Archived