Downloading AU TRAFFIC 4.0 &.10

I have been attempting to download the AU TRAFFIC 4.0 &.10 but find that it will abort about a third of the way into the download. Have not been able to download the total MB of data. Is there something wrong with the server? 

I tried to download this file at least ten times without success. Finally tried the IDM and wouldn't you know it came the first time. I had never had any trouble with anything previously. Did not fully bye into the hype, but I am a believer now. PS I don't think I will waste anymore time with people complaint about being unable to download.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also getting failed downloads for this program as well.

This is with Firefox and it's built-in downloader or the FlashGot plugin.

Ten or thirty megabytes will download before the download terminates.

This is the only Orbx file I have ever had any trouble with.

I think it's a little arrogant to force people to install another download manager for just one file.

Of course I will if I have too but there must be something non-standard about the AU Traffic file itself.

gb.

gb,

the problem is not "just one file".  If you browse these forums, you'll see quite a lot of similar topics about problems downloading different files from some of the Orbx servers.  In almost every topic, the advice is the same - use a download manager.  In every case, that has lead to a successful download.  At least one of those topics recommended Free Download Manager, which I did and it worked without problems.  Search for it with Google and give it a try ...

gb,

the problem is not "just one file".  If you browse these forums, you'll see quite a lot of similar topics about problems downloading different files from some of the Orbx servers.  In almost every topic, the advice is the same - use a download manager.  In every case, that has lead to a successful download.  At least one of those topics recommended Free Download Manager, which I did and it worked without problems.  Search for it with Google and give it a try ...

Well as I said above I am using a download manager, FlashGot, which has quite a good reputation.

I've also downloaded dozens of Orbx files with it and never had a problem until this file.

gb.

... I think it's a little arrogant to force people to install another download manager for just one file.

It is entirely up to you which method you choose to download this freeware file.

We can only advise (as others on this thread have) the methods which have been found to work. Whether you wish to use them is your decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived