Buildings and Trees spill over to Sea

My Order No. FSS0299975

08-07-2014

I believe I installed OK and set FSX parameters as recomended.

The first time I opened FTX Global the choices available were "Global" or "Europe"  I had expected to also have "Default FSX" as well, but the shortcut was not in the Region select box.

In two days several locations were tried .. all most impressive, all faultless.

I then decided to add Australia Blue and Gold.  these regions were purchased some time ago, and re-loaded again recently after a hard-drive failure. but never "installed"

My FTX then showed the addition of "Austalia" ... but not the seperate regions ... just a white graphic of the whole of Australia, and now TWO shortcuts for "FTX Global"   I now also  have the shortcut for Default FTX, which was missing at the initial installation.

When I then started FSX .. I found trees and buildings spilling over any water, and hiding most airport buildings (smothering them would be a good description), but not on any runway.  This happens identically in any region ... whether either Global or Region is set.

My Autogen is set to "Dense" ... but the problem appears to lesser or greater extent unless Autogen is turned off.

What have I done wrong?  The addition of Blue & Gold seems to have started the problem,  I did make a back up of my scenery as suggested, and still have my .exe files.

If I need to re-install all the Obix programmes, please post a link to the advice site for "uninstall" procedures.

Comment most welcome!

Peterpiper.

Thanks Guys for your advice.

I tried three times to download the updated Library files ... but each corrupt.  Fourth try OK and installed (as Administrator).  It should be said that I did not install the original Orbx order as Administrator (I forgot)!

Now when I open FTX Global I first get a message box "Terrain cfg. has no [Landclasses] section.  ????

When FTX Loads, I see I have "FTX Global"  "Australia"  and "Europe" (England), (exactly  as it was before I installed "Bule & Gold" Regions).   I no longer see a duplicate of "FTX Global"  but I have lost "FTX Default".  Others have reported this, so can you confirm that  "FSX Default"  is no longer an option????

My original problem persists, however when in "Global" the sea is normal colour, but now, in either of my Regions, the sea area is like a light green desert, but with less houses & trees spill-over. I preume the effect of not having Landclasses any more?

I am trying to avoid deleting everything Orbx and re-installing, quite a task, as there appears to be no Orbx uninstaller, but as updating the Scenery library fixed one issue but introduced others, what now?

Peterpiper

Ian is correct, install the latest libraries as per the manual. If any of the issues persist after that please let us know.

Please see my general reply of last week ... ...I downloaded the Lib. update ... now get two messages when I open FTX Global .."Terrain cfg. has no [landclasses] section.

The trees and houses spill-over to water and runways is still there and make the Programme almost un-useable. I have been advised by another member to delete anything ORBX, and start again.... I will have to resort to this drastic action uless some kind soul has a better idea???

Thanks for your original reply ...

Peterpiper

• 3 weeks later...

Readers:  I eventually deleted all Orbx and FSX files, plus any remenants of add-on scenery, and even add on aircraft.

Re-install of Orbx Global OK.

I will open another Thread if, after adding additional files, the problem re-occurs.

Job done for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived