What Does It Take to Setup Full Global Scenery

fltsimguy

If this question is in the wrong forum please move it to the 'correct' location.

With the Europe LC release, I'm finally looking at what it takes to build a full Global scenery base (with other LC products to be released in the future).  Moving into this is quite concerning due to overall cost and I want to be sure that I am able to port all this stuff into P3Dv2 at some point.  I have read the manual about compatibilities with other products.  If you have difficulty answering questions that relate to other products noted, then just let me know, I will seek answers elsewhere.

This is what I think I need to do:  Can someone please confirm my requirements?

Buy

1. FS Global and patch as necessary             = $101 CAN

2. Global Vector and patch as necessary       =  $70 CAN

3. Global Open LC Europe                             =  $39 CAN

Mesh

4. FS Global FTX Version                               = $88 CAN

OR

5. FS Global Ultimate

a. Americas                                              = $ 73 CAN   or for some reason bundled ($174)

b  Europe/Africa                                       = $ 80 CAN

c. Asia / Oceania                                      = $ 73 CAN   or for some reason bundled ($174)

QUESTIONS

1. I have UTX products, so do I really need to buy Vector?

2. I have a full suite of FS Genesis mesh products including NextMesh Europe, do I really need to by additional mesh products?  And if so, can I just buy Pilots FTX version or do I need to buy the Utimate series?  Also, I do not fully understand the difference between the Ultimate Standard mesh and the bundled Ultimate mesh.

cheers

Bryan

I run FTX Global with UTX and FSGenesis mesh and it works just fine -  for me. I'm keeping an eye on FTX Vector and OpenLC, and if/when I'm convinced they are stable and offer a significant improvement (for the kind of flying I do) I'll buy them. But I have to say that time is not now.

If you have UTX and you are happy with it I suggest sticking with it and only using the vector data of UTX. Just disable the landclass portion of UTX.

Thats what I do.

I also have FSGenesis mesh which is perfectly acceptable and has always been good quality. No point buying Pilots stuff IMHO.

Archived