FTX Global and AYPY question

Ricfishner

Hi,

I'm new to the FTX world, just started beginning of this year to purchase and install FTX products in following order

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FTX AYPY Port Moresby Airport (just yesterday)

I'm using FSX + Acceleration. I do have some other AddOn scenery active, don't want to list them all, but like to mention "PNG extreme bushtracker" since it is in the same Region. It was installed before I did install FTX Global.

The Installation of AYPY went fine (say without errors), but after I started FSX and set my plane to AYPY, there was no difference. Airport and buildings pretty much looked standard FSX.

I then looked at FSX scenery library and found the following entries from Orbx (in this order)

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX!OPENLC_EUROPE1

ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA1

ORBX!OPENLC_BASE

...further down in list:

ORBX!Vector_OBJ and other ORBX!Vector files

Well, I guess I should see some entry for AYPY here. A reinstall of FTX AYPY brought the result.

Do I need to activate FTX AYPY in FTX Global somehow? Can I safely proceed with manually configuring the scenery library (as documented in the manual; although it's for non FTX users..)?

Please help, Ric

Hi Ric, and welcome!

It sounds like you have done everything correctly, make sure to also install the latest Orbxlibraries patch, link here: http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs choose the FSX version

After that open up the FTXcentral icon on your desktop and select [Global], press apply, and exit, AYPY should be have been inserted and placed in the correct order within the scenery library

Fire up FSX and have a look

Use the PNG Holgermesh if you dont already have a mesh product for this area, grab a copy here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80852-ftx-png-holgermesh-freeware/

Archived