Just a few quick words to say thanks for this great product. I had dithered over buying this for a year or three, because I was under the misconception that I would suffer a fair hit on frame rates. One day recently I lucked across a great article on this site from Rob Newman and it explained it all perfectly to me . I think without finding something like that it can be a little confusing. So I bought FTX Global Base and followed the instructions to a tee, and I ended up with a frame rate gain of between 5-7 FPS, not much you think, don't know why but will take it gladly. So of course next step is Vector and in the meantime The Open LC is simmering away, not to mention all the other add-ons.

Also thank you for all the great Freeware that is provided, it is a fantastic gesture and also great quality, so thanks.

Lastly, not sure if this is the right place to post or not, so please point me in the right direction if not. ::) I do have installed the free AI And it shows up in All those beautiful airports you provide, but I am a little confused, should I install a 3rd party traffic program and will it conflict with what I have from Orbx?  If so can anyone recommend a package that is friendly to FTX, of course at my own risk. All helpful comments would be very welcome. The reason I am asking I am flying South America and Caribbean at this time, (quite extensively) And in a week or three I will be in Mexico heading for the US and it would be nice to have the airports populated and some company in the skies. I am running the AI at 75% now and still hanging around 25 - 35FPS( not counting the spikes of course), But no traffic showing up, I am a lone flyer at this time it seems. Lastly I understand if significant traffic appears one day I will have to dial the percentage down to around 50% or below.

Regards and nice to be a part of this community..at last. ::) Peter

Archived