New ORBX Global and consecutive ORBX product installs sans regions

flyboy1953

Have just installed ORBX Global purchased at flightsim store. Noticed a bunch of patches in the ORBX support area.. some obviously for regions but noticed a couple for global and vector and was wondering install order.

Please note that I have also downloaded all the free airports and utilities available in the ORBX freeware sight.

Want to do this right without messing up...

Does ORBX install all iregardles of order and put it in the right FSX scenery order?

Thanks for the help....

flyboy,

Just to let you know that the freeware airports other than the Global Airport Packs 1-14 are not designed to be used without the Scenery Region in which the airport is located.  Some of the freeware airports are located outside of any region and should work OK in that case.

RE: Patches:

Global is at v1.2 at the moment and that is probably the version you have downloaded but if not then you will need the patches for Global that bring it to v1.2.

Thanks Spud....

Haven't found any issues with the airports except one that I had added. SABE In Buenos aires....

2 things... 1. There are trees growing through the taxi ways and the airport, though a freeware, is don by someone quite reputable here in argentina.....

I am not sure whether it is global or vectors that put the large trees there.

the other is falling of the tarmac and crashing because of elevations... Should I get the correct data and submit it to ORBX_

The last item refers to my original question....Scenery install order.

This is what I have... what would be the proper priority or hierarchy to have these in FSX Scenery list.

1. FSX default

2. City and some airports in Argentina created by National Airforce and airline pilots here

3. EGBB recomended by FSXGenius.

4. ORBX Global

5. ORBX Vector

6. Freeware airports and Airport Bundles 1-14

#FSS0299796 Global Base

#FSS0300365 Global Vector

Archived